Thursday 18 April 2013

Total R and R

Me at the Expo yesterday!
Hello Blog lovers,

I know I usually only write blogs after I have done some form of exercises but I can't help it. I am getting very excited about Sunday's big race!

I have my number, which is still sealed in the envelope with my shoe chip, ties, pins and black ribbon. I don't want to unseal it until Saturday night, when I pin it all on to my shirt!

But I did want to share this with you all, it was something that Spider put up on my Facebook wall/timeline or whatever Facebook creators are calling it now. It made me smile, it gave me a huge boost of confidence, and I just know that I will be among some great people on Sunday, some doing their umpteenth marathon some, like me, running it for the first time. But, all of us, its a personal challenge, maybe, like me, motivated or inspired by loved ones.

In my last blog I said that there were many who has encouraged and helped me to get to this point, and I wanted to share with you something that Spider put up on my Facebook timeline, this is the kind of encouragement I have had the good fortune to be receiving

Sorry Spider, not sure if these were your words or not, but just too lovely not to share,

.
Quote

So there are millions of people who want to run a marathon. They have dreamed about doing it. Imagine their training, how good their bodies will look, how great to cross the line. But they are dreaming, you are doing it.

By getting to the start line, you have already placed yourself in the top echelons of athletes. You may not be in the top tier of the race, but you are a long distance athlete, f
itter and more disciplined than 99% of the population. You are no longer a dreamer but a doer.

Thousands started a training programme with the same (or more?) enthusiasm than you, they had no more or less reason to be successful. But somewhere along the way they lost their ambition, the rewards weren't worth the effort, excuses got in the way.

You didn't. You've accepted the challenge, beaten your demons, you've gone further, got stronger and become tougher - mentally and physically - than you ever imagined.

The miracle is not that you will finish, but you had the courage to start. :)

.

unquote.

A message from the Old Boy, can you spot it?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment