Friday 5 July 2013

A Perfect Rest Day!

Hello Blog lovers.

Ok, so it's not an exercise blog, or cycling blog, but it is kind of running related!  Because if I hadn't been a runner, then I wouldn't been interested in reading So Lets Go Running, and if I hadn't read that then I wouldn't have entered the competition that was in the magazine to win, wait for it.......a photo shoot! Now at the time, I thought, 'Blimey, how did I win that?' And in fact, the magazines next competition was for chocolate, which I thought then, was better!  But that was until I actually met Jodi today (Jodi Hanagan Photography). Oh and by the way, this is going to a shameless advertising blog, to show off some great peoples work! So do click on anything that is blue,  I am sure you won't be disappointed, and don't forget to 'like' the pages too! I am sure I should get some sort of fee for this..... nah!! ..... I'm just sharing some good friends work!

Now girls, who back in their school days wanted to be one of those girls that walked the catwalk.   You know, the ones, the clothes show, and all those fashion programmes.  I remember one day at school we put all the tables together and did a fashion show of our own, wearing the school uniform in various guises!.(and differing lengths of skirts!) Of course back then I was way to shy to be one of the girls pretending to be models, preferred instead to be in the audience!

So, how to get from this



to catwalk ready model.  Well it's easy! First off, meet a fantastic hairdresser, Clare (Supercurls Hair extentions) who tamed those locks, with the power of ghd's.  Never again will there be a curl on my  head, well apart from after every run and every cycle ride that I do! Ok, so what's next, oh yes. Then, enter a competition from a running magazine, (as mentioned above in the link, go on, I bet you clicked on it) and it really was a very simple competition, because look, I won it.  All you had to do was to like her (Facebook) page and send in an email, and voila, you entered the competition.  Then choose a fantastic place to have your shoot. What's next. Oh yes scenery, greenery and plants  and only God can make such beautiful and stunning places plants and trees and not only that but He laid on the sunshine too! A perfect day!

After I found out that I had won, I had panic stations! What to wear, where to go, who to take with me to hold my hand?! Does my bum look big in everything I own?!  But I need not have worried so much. After meeting Jodi in High Elms, in the little café there,  I was instantly at my ease.  She was having a sneaky sausage sandwich, which I am sure I disturbed her from finishing it.  We sat and had a coffee and a chat and we really got along very well.

She told me that she had dragged her friend along last week to reccy the place out, and she thought it was just a perfect place for a mornings photo shoot.  She had all these ideas of where and how the photos was going to be taken, and I just said "You're the professional, just go for it".  And then the fun started. 

It wasn't just a stroll around in the park,  a picture here, a picture there. With a "Look here Old Girl" and a  "Happy happy" there. Oh no! Jodi had me climbing under ivy, hugging spiders and trees and every conceivable wall in the place,  doing gardening as we went along. We had the 'Jodi lean' going on in all sorts of places over fences and walls and branches.  I didn't actually think about what to put on my feet and I was wearing my wedgies, so climbing over fences, nestling among stinging nettles and climbing up on tree branches was quite an adventure!

But look what she got from those!

1. could this be the Old Girl here?
2. Look, blue bells!

3. peek a boo

Great fun,  thanks Jodi, thanks Brian for running the competition, and thank you God, what a beautiful place we live in.

Photos 1, 2 and 3 used with kind permission of Jodi Hanagan Photography



No comments:

Post a Comment