Thursday 25 July 2013

Thursday Core Training Session.

Hello blog lovers.

I went along to  Willet way rec today for another session of core training a strengthing session.  And Adele and Jenny were in the lime light today.  Jenny did the warm ups, and the drills and then Adele got out her bag of gloves and mitts.  It was going to be boxercise session today!  I wonder who I was going to be beating up today!

I was about 2 minutes late and they were already on there 1st lap of the park, I tried to sort of  join in and catch up, but me and another young lady (who was also a minute late) kind of took a short cut, and we still didn't catch up. They were already doing a second lap as we were running towards the start!

Anyway, we were pretty warmed up and ready for the next bit. We went straight into the drills. A few side thingys up and down to the cricket crease. Then some butt kicking things and knee highs on the return. Then one last lot of potential tripping over leg thingys.  This particular drill always has people in a tiss as to what the feet should be doing!

The boxercise  next, and there were quite a few of us! But it seemed Adele had brought enough gloves and pads for everyone! I teamed up with Clare, the young lady that came late, and we made up a threesome with the young lad that has joined in all the sessions so far because his mum brings him along, he is only about 7 or so, but so much faster than us!  We boxed and moved and punched and hooked  away like professionals.  All great fun!

Then it was back to Jenny for the speedy running session.  The relay racing thingy that we do.  In teams of 3, number 1's run around the field to our number 2, then they run to the number 3, in the starting place, and then number 3 runs to number 1, and then starts it all again.  Its great fun. And we try and try our best to run as fast as we can.

I made an observation when I was on my second or was it third time to the no.2 position, and I said "It makes me smile when I hear everyone moaning, and saying "Is this the last one?" But the strange thing is everyone is smiling, and enjoying the pain that they are in! Ok, so just the aching muscles that we are putting to good use. But we all turn up each week looking forward to doing all over again!  That has only got to be the feel good factor, the adrenaline, or that other thing that happens in your body, endorphins, is that the right word.  But what ever it is, it feels great!

We had a stretch session and then that was the end.  Well, I think we sort of missed out the cool down jog around the field, which some of them did after the stretching.  But, I and a couple of others, waved them off!

No comments:

Post a Comment