Thursday 15 August 2013

Last Core Training Session!

Hello Blog lovers,

I can't believe how the year has just flown by.  No sooner had I started to go to Core training sessions and now its the very last one!  Totally unbelievable! the year is just running away!

But todays session is all about teamwork.  There is no coach there today, but we do have Sue and her LiRF certificate.  But it was still all about teamwork. "Let's start the warm up laps" Said Simon, and we all set off. After that "Right 'Wall sits while Simon puts out the cones said somebody else.

Great teamwork!  The cones were for the pyramid running.  The two sets of cones did seem to be a long way away from the start! Two lines of three cones. I was number 2 to Sue and Dawns No.1 (we had an add number of people today)  And also we were running up hill as well.  Running almost as fast as we can to the cones and then a nice easy jog back to the beginning.

We did that 2 and half times, the half a time we just ran to the third cones and the number 2's picked up the cones, and that was me! so a little bit of bending 'hitting the floor' to pick the cones up! Extra little bit of work out.  If only it was ice cream cones I was gathering, I'm sure

After a little breather we went straight into the core training section. a bit of planking, cat type stretching, push ups and cycle crunches or sit ups!  The way that I have just listed them you would think that I just breezed through them. But I didn't!  It was all pretty tough, and I didn't quite manage the full minute of the planking today.

There was one other visitor to the park today, and he took a picture of us, and this is it.  Unfortunately he saw just between sets! We were stretching out or had just finished stretching out after a push up or a planking, so this is what he captured. Oh and by the way, it was the Old Boy, not some mad stalker guy, honest!



It's a pity he didn't capture us running, or maybe doing the Fartleks, We were running pretty fast then! Of course when we were waiting for our tags we were still!  But it was a good session, we worked hard. Did we work as hard as when the coaches are there? Well, I'm sure we did, right team!

A great session, thanks peeps.  No geeky stats today I had forgotten to put it on!  It's me age you know.





No comments:

Post a Comment