Thursday 19 September 2013

Cinders, Here We Come!

Hello blog lovers.

It's Thursday, and its my second session for leading a group. And today it is more of a group that it was last week.  Marianne was there, but there was also 5 other ladies AND Illustrious leader!  It's a bit like 'The student has become the teacher'!  So for todays session Illustrious Leader is being sweeper, and I am taking the lead! I shall see if she is taking notes!

I decided on a nice easier route, but a nice leafy, green route, as our club is going very eco this year with our PWR 10k, i.e. no plastic carrier bags at the end with stuff in, no plastic cups of water at the drinks stop, they will all be paper, which in turn will be picked up and recycled. No sending out of race numbers, they are to be picked up on race day on the green! Another fantastic reason for anyone reading this to register and run this fantastic event.

Where was I? Oh yes, leafy, green route.  I took them straight down the road, heading for Sparrow Woods, and the Cinder Path, (I bet you were wonder what cinders was referring too.....no!....ok) This path takes us in the woods but on a tarmacked path.  All the benefits of running through woods but with the less 'muddy shoes' scenario (unlike the route I am planning for next week!)  And then to pop out and send off those that want to do the extra bit around the loop, before heading off back down the road.

For most of the way, I was actually in the lead position, but I was flagging a bit, so I decided to 'lead from the back'  I.L. and Tracy were a bit behind now, and there were was one other lady that was just a tad behind the three in front.  It is a straight path, and I gave instructions that when they got to they end, to either wait or double back to meet me.  Fortunately we all got to the end virtually at the same time.  I explained the little loopy to those who wanted to run a bit more, and all four of the ladies took up the challenge.  I stayed at the end of the path waiting for I.L. and Tracy, my excuse was that I didn't want them to think we had left with out them (I shall put that in the Mighty Moosh book of excuses, maybe in a new chapter of Excuses for Leaders!)

It wasn't long after I.L. and Tracy was running up the path and the other ladies started to come around the loop. Both sets of people arriving together, perfect timing!  Now it was just the long road back to the rec.  And fortunately its all downhill.  I.L. and Tracy decided to stay with the 'green theme' and go back down the Cinder Path, and then meet up with us at Tudor way. And guess what?  Again, it all worked out perfectly!  Just as we were getting to the railway bridge, there was I.L. and Tracy!

Just the last couple of roads to go, and we all ran with gusto to the end.  We arrived at the park, did out warm down stretches and then waited for DiscoRich and his group, running at group 2 to 3 pace!  I was wondering how Ade was going to cope with that!  But when they arrived back at the park, he looked ok, he wasn't gasping and looking for an oxygen mask, and he has even decided to run in the Pettswood 10k, especially when he heard that all profit is going to Harris Hospice! (Another great reason, dear readers, to register for this No.1 10k race in the country)

Geeky stats.









No comments:

Post a Comment