Thursday 26 September 2013

The Woodland Way!

Hello blog lovers.

What a lovely day it was today.  Ok, it started out a bit iffy, but my grandson could see the potential in the weather as he insisted on wearing shorts today, instead of his long trousers "What if gets warm, nanny, then I will be too hot!" Of course he will, he knew what the day had in store for us.

I arrived at the Rec and saw that Emma was busy with the class for her 'boot Camp' session, (I wonder if she will be doing that during the long winter months as well) The ladies all looked smiley and happy, until Emma said something that even sent shivers down my spine, "Ok, now we are going to do some burpees!"  Oh bring on my runners, please, the torture, the sounds, the sight of these poor ladies is too much!  Actually, the all looked pretty amazing!

The Thursday runners arrived in dribs and drabs.  DiscoRich 'sorted' them into two groups, and then we were off.  As promised last week my route was going to take us through the woods, everyone agrees that you just cant beat it!  Although it had been a bit wet over night, I was hoping it wasn't going to be too sticky through the woods.  But if it is, then we will just get muddy feet!

As soon as you enter the woods, you can almost feel your lungs 'breathing a sigh of relief' for all that clean fresh air that's about. (once away from 'Dog Poo Ally' that is) but it was soon a very welcome breath, as we ran up the hill, to the top of the woods.  I kept a close eye on the back runners, and appointed Illustrious Leader as the sweeper, and David (our Pettswood Runners 10k race director) was assistance sweep.  I don't want anyone getting lost, not on my watch.....er run!  We had a short stop to let everyone catch up, and then we continued on our way. 

It is a bit of an undulating route, and some of the paths that we took are part of our 10k, it's always so good to run our own event, although there is no medal at the end, what you do get is far better than any medal, a feeling of freedom, and feeling alive and healthy! I thank God that I am able to run! Just perfect, and I feel privileged helping others to achieve their goals and their dreams that they thought was impossible! Ade and Tracy have both now entered the 10k! 

Well, before I get all mushy I shall put up my geeky stats for this run.


No comments:

Post a Comment