Tuesday 1 October 2013

Club runs - Chats and Cramps

Hello blog lovers.

There were only a couple of people at the graduates improvers run today, and we were doing the route that we did last week, without the loop around the rec as it really is quite dark now.  There were just Nagging Sister and Lorraine today, and me and Peter to help get them up to Group 1 readiness.  Although N.S. is definitely ready for group 1 and then probably move up to group 2 a few weeks after that!

N.S. and Peter took the lead as they headed up the road, Lorraine and I jogged along, preparing for the hill.  Hills are our friends, hills are our friends, this needs to be our mantra. Hills will help us get stronger, help with the stamina, help when we want to go speedier on the flats and not just running down them.  This is what we should be saying to ourselves.  And I hope to introduce that mantra more and more into our chats as we jog along (and maybe I may even start  believing it myself!)

There was no stopping as we jogged and jogged on, 10 minutes passed 15 minutes passed, we jogged on down the high street, passed the shops, and the garage. We jogged under the bridge, and started headed back. That is when we had our first short walking session. after 22 minutes of jogging, Lorraine had a very short walk.  But then it was "Come on, we can be see to be walking passed all the smokers in the pub, we got to keep going" I said to her. And she started again.  No more walking sessions, just jogged all the way back to the ground.

N.S. and Pete were there, stretching out.  A good run today, and hopefully both of them will be thinking hard about joining our Group 1 very soon.

Here is our geeky stats.

And now for club run no.2, group 1 runs.  Our Illustrious leader was leading today, and Singstar Jo was sweeper. I deliberately kept my hand down today, so as to try and push myself to stay up at the front.  Keep the pace going.  Also joining us for this run was Mr.S. I believe his coach, Coach Maisy, has advised him to have a rest as he had a particularly painful run recently.  And Mr.S's idea of rest is to do a gentle jog of 3 and half miles (where as I would probably pull up a chaise lounge and demand tea all evening!) 

We had the long road down Southborough to jog, and what I loved was that everyone was just chatting away.  Of course our Mr.S is constantly chatting.  And I just loved the way 'recited' one of my blogs! (well kind of!) he made it sound so exciting, so enthralling!  I think I should get him to read one of my blogs while I tape him, I am sure it will sound spectacular, that they will want to make a film of one of them!  Any I digress as usual.  The jog down to the Harvester is where I usually wait with anyone that didn't want to do the little lollipop loop around. But there wasn't anyone waiting today, so I had to go around with them!

Still it was a nice evening, I was totally warmed up, sweating! I even had to take my hat off, which I don't usually do, just to try and cool down a bit!  The jog back was a bit more interesting, as we jogged along familiar streets, my streets, that I used to jog along.  I was thinking that if I didn't have my car parked back at the rec I could go home! 

Just down the road a bit further however, I was really wishing I could have gone home as I developed cramp in my toe, my big toe on the right!  I have had cramp in my foot before, when I have been riding my bike, but out jogging!  I wasn't sure how to deal with it, or why it has occurred!

But of course with Mr. S's advice and with J.J. and Janet saying "Come on Old Girl man up" I decided to do just that, ignore the little niggling achy thing on the end of my foot and just plough on, after all, it's not as if it will fall off!

I even managed to put on a bit of a sprint down crossways, not from the beginning, but most of the way, with Mr.S telling me "That's about 8 and half min pace, that's 8 and quarter, keep going, that's 8 min pace, now keep that all the way to the end"  I did, it think, well to the place I normally end all my sprints and that's the sign post! I think Mr. S wanted to me to keep on going!

Anyway, here is the geeky stats.


No comments:

Post a Comment