Saturday 19 October 2013

Park Run

Hello blog readers.

Saturday, and I woke up with no fuzzy head, and raring to go.  After having no beer last night, I was hoping I was going to be in great shape for gaining a PB in Normans Park park run.  Of course I did have a curry, but nothing particularly heavy going!  But when I looked out and saw the weather, I remembered that the ground will still probably be soft going! Oh well, I shall work on my other goal, run it non stop! (but no pressure if I don't) So much for the iron fist when it comes to my own training!

Anyway, it seemed quite bright out by the time I got out of the house, and I was expecting the sun to come out, but instead it hid behind the grey clouds again. Oh well, at least at the moment it's not raining! Reminiscence of last Sunday came flooding back, I am sure it cant get as wet as that!

I arrived early, and made my way over to the start point.  There was no one at the start!  I was caught up with a young lady from my running club and a chap who has never heard of ParkRun before, and was doing his first one today.

We got to the start point and chatted, and then we turned around and looked towards the middle of the park and saw hordes of people heading our way!  The start was full! The messages was given and the count down began! 1....2....3.....GO!  I Stayed at the back so I wouldn't get scooped up in the fast lane! And just wanted to plod along at my own speed, next to SingstarJo, Janet, Nagging Sister and Ashleigh!  So I was in excellent company.

The ground was soft and as soon a we got to the first corner the rain started to come down! Just a sprinkling of rain, but the wet stuff none the less!  Just in case we needed reminding of last weeks torrential rain!  But at least it will keep us all cool.  I kept my jacket in the car! I always see people at park run and even my club run in short sleeves and short jog pants, so I decided to do the same, although the short jog pants I shall leave those to the more leggy and thinner runners!

I managed to run the first lap non stop, and I felt pleased with that, the second lap was well under way before I started to feel a bit fatigued.  I tried to keep up with N.S. and Ashleigh, but they was on their own agenda.  SingstarJo and Janet were behind me, and I just kept plodding away.

I think I did about 3 to 4 walking stops! I was a bit annoyed with myself, but then I remembered my rant at myself last week, and remembered that I am at least out running! It's doesn't matter haw fast I get there, as long as I finish!  Well, there is no doubt that I am going to finish. 

Brian caught me up on the second long stretch, and probably just as well!  If he wasn't running along chatting to me I think I would have had another walking stop, so I just kept going.  As soon as I saw they tunnels then I picked up the pace, knocked it up a gear and pelted along to the tunnel!  It felt good, but it also felt slow! I knew I hadn't got a pb, but I felt very happy to be outside running!

And I have just received my email with my official Park Run time and it is 35:09, so a whole 17 seconds quicker than my Garmin Stats!

Geeky stats


No comments:

Post a Comment