Saturday 26 October 2013

Park Run

Hello blog lovers.

I am writing this up late as I have had a busy day today, what with, trips to Borough Market, and then hospital visits, at least I am finally putting pen to paper.....erm....ink on......er....no wait........fingertips on to the keyboard!

I set my alam so that I would be up in plenty of time, after indulging in a couple of pints of lager and a kebab, it was quite easy to turn over and not bother.  But this is the last park run I can do to try and help with my Grand Prix standing in my running club!

I headed out to my car, looked up to the sky and said "REALLY?" The rain had started again! I have just about had enough of the rain, it is keeping me from going out on my bike,  the darker nights colder are going to be another battle to deal with, but right now, this rain is really cheesing me off!

When I got to the car and started to walk to the pavilion I was chatting to another PWR runner, Johnny, and he said he was one of my blog readers! It's always good to know that there are still people out there that read my ramblings!  We headed off to the beginning, but Johnny's warm up jog to the start is my all out sprint to the finish! So I caught up with him after I meandered over.

Nagging Sister, Ashleigh, SingstarJo, and Disco Rich were just a few of our PWR's that were there.  Some of the were chasing a PB on a park run and had headed out to a more faster route, so no muddy shoes for them as they went to Dulwich which is run on tarmac I believe!

We were soon off, and I jogged along with NS and Ashleigh, they did a pretty good time last week, so I shall try and stay with them this week.  But that didn't happen! Oh well, I shall just do my own thing, get back to running for fun, and maybe just see if I can get around without stopping.

"Come on Old Girl" I head as I ran around the stream, it was physioMike, he was just dog walking today, and encouraging all us park runners around. Then I head him say, "Go on Mrs T" as he called out to a lady behind him!  Well I am assuming that this Mrs T is actually married to TyphoonTurner, so I thought I would say hi.  As it turned out it was, and TyphonTurner was in fact looking for me to introduce his wife to me, as we both run about the same pace! 

We ended up running along together, a good start for the two of us.  We chatted and kept the rain and the running out of mind, sort of, as we both encouraged each other to keep on going.  We ran non stop for the first 23 minutes!  Mrs.T said that this was the most she had run non stop for.  I must admit, I was the first to just go into walk mode! And then we found out that we both kept going until one of us started to walk first! Next time I shall just slow the pace down instead of walking!  Some pacer I turned out to be!

We soon got going again, and just chatted and encouraged each other.  The last bit was particularly hard, the wind was blowing, the rain was falling, the ground was slippy! Nothing was going for us.  Mrs.T got a stitch, and was stretching it out as we jogged along. I did feel a twinge in my back as well, as up at the other end of the park I just twisted a bit awkwardly on the slippy muddy field.  But it wasn't hurting, I just become a bit more careful on the wet bits of the grass!

The last bit of straight, and Mrs.T and I were running along side by side, then she started to over take me encouraging other runners as she passed them "Come on love" she said as she passed one particular lady. I rose to the challenge to catch her up, I passed her and then I head her say "No, that's it, I've peaked" she said. I carried on running, I could get in a tiny tad quicker if push it, but, faster is not always the aim, just to finish is enough. So I turned round and encourage Mrs.T to keep going, finish the parkrun running! She sucked in a big gulp of air, and then started running again, she ran, and ran and ran. She got faster and faster. She had caught up the lady she passed just a few minutes ago and called out again "Come on love" and the sped towards me, flew past and became like a speeding bullet!  I tried to catch up! Where on earth did that come from!

I saw her run through the tunnel and collect her token and collected mine. But then Mrs.T stood at the exit for a few minutes, gasping for breath. She really did give it her all! It took a few good minutes before she could move from that spot! Blimey!  I think I am going to have to change my encouraging speeches and start saying, "Give it all you got, but please just leave a little bit so that you can breath after!"  It's amazing what a goal can do for you!

Oh and Garmin and ParkRun times tally up exactly!

So here is Geeky stats,

No comments:

Post a Comment