Saturday 5 October 2013

Park WALK!

Hello blog lovers.

Today I got up early enough to get to park run, I had promised Nagging Sister and Brian that I would be there, so I made sure that I didn't over do it the night before. But I think I should have done, as I would have a very good excuse for todays very poor performance.

If there were points for who can go slower each time, but look as if they are trying to go faster, then I would be at the top!  I really thought that today I could do it, I could get my lazy backside around a 5k course, firstly without stopping, and secondly getting a PB! But to no avail!

I was there early enough, I even managed to just meander over to the start, on the other side of the park, and so I was totally relaxed, not flustered, not 'worn out' by having to sprint to the start. So why on earth did I come in at 35 mins I do not know! It seems the older I am getting the slower I am getting. 

I was really telling myself off as I was running around the park today.  I had loaned my Garmin to someone that needed it today, and decided to chase after a pacer to keep me nicely paced.  If I just kept the pacer in sight then I knew I could be in with a good time.  But I just seemed to run out of energy and pace.  I ran along slapping my arse on the way round, telling myself not to be so lazy, but that wasn't doing me any good either.

One chap in red said "Come on you're doing well" but I really didn't feel like it. My legs were feeling heavy at the first mile!  But after a short walking stint I began running again, trying to catch up to the pacer, or at least keep within 'being able to read the number on the bib' distance. Maybe the 'cold virus' thing that is doing the rounds with my family is getting to me, or baby germs trying to bring me down! But I am just not quite myself lately. 

I may even have gotten to the certain, 'put the running shoes away, and pick up the knitting needles' age. The age where I am constantly looking for my fan, counting each new wrinkle and making sure I know where the nearest loo is! But I am sure other women have gone through this stage, and have still kept up their running pace.  So the only thing that I can put it down to is ME!

I think I need to start putting in some hard blooming work, some hill training and some of those speed sessions to help build up my fitness again.  Where its disappeared to I don't know!  Hard work, here I come! Kicking and flipping moaning!

No geeky stats today, but here is a picture of my park run time!

Very slow! Very slog indeed.  Nagging Sister and her first born was home and dry before me! Very despondent at the moment!

2 comments:

  1. Donna,
    Coach Maisy says "The race does not always go to the swift, but to the ones who keep running."

    We are just proud that you had the guts and resolve to do the run and finish which would have beaten other people. Rest and come back stronger.

    ReplyDelete