Wednesday 30 October 2013

PWR - Graduates and Club Run

Hello blog lovers.

I know this is a bit late, like almost 24 hours late, but as always there is a perfectly reasonable explanation. It was my clubs 7th anniversary celebrations and also the annual VLM place draw.  For all those who enterered the race but had rejection magazines instead.  That all took place at Heathcliffe and Krook, the local wine bar.

But before the merriment there was the runs to get underway first.  I met the first of the graduates at the park gates, and she walked with me while I chained my bike up, and then the others called from across the park as I was chaining it to the bike stands.

They had begun the warm exercises as I was walking back, the air was a bit chilly and the all wanted to keep warm. There were a couple of new faces I my group today, both family members! It seems this group grows with members of my own family!  I would be so good if all of the them would join! the group would be huge! Mind you I suspect the babies and youngsters wouldn't keep up!

The warm up done, and a very quick assessment done on my nieces we took to the road.  As Tracy was coming back from a slight knee pain I was just going to do a very conversational paced run around our route.  It would also give me a chance to see with my two nieces would slot into to.  It's only a tad over 2 miles, so I felt assured that they could do it.  As my Nagging Sister had taken them out earlier in the day on a mile run just to make sure that they could run for a mile at least.

As for N.S. and Ashleigh, they were to run at their pace, but to make it a bit more harder for them they were to loop back to me, so that I can keep an eye on all and also to give them a good work out. 

This was working well, although my older niece Ashleigh decided that she wasn't going to be doing the loop back each time, and just waited.  The other two younger nieces were a tad faster paced that Tracy and Lorraine. They are young! That's all I can say about that! And Molls has these long legs!

I had remembered to bring a decent light with me, to shine up on all of those tree roots that were lifting the pavements. As we were running along to the last turning Tracy tripped up! But she didn't trip up on the tree roots, it was the pavement!  She came down flat on her chest, almost landing on her face!  It was quite a shock for her, as well as all who were with her.  She sat up and she was laughing about it, I checked that she was hurting anywhere, but I kept her sat for a while until she felt ready to stand up.

But as she started to walk I think the shock of the fall started and she began to feel a little light headed.  So I sat her back down and sent the rest of the group back to get N.S. to come back with the car. 

I have spoken to her today, (Wednesday) and she said she is fine, "So embarrassing" she said.  But, I think 99% of runners have had at lease 1 or more falls!  Tracy did suffer a bit of grazed hands and knees, but also her knee is very swollen as well.  So another week off for Tracy!  But she said she will see us all next week.  Now we know that the running bug has really started to take a hold of her!

Geeky stats, with all the concern over Tracy I had forgotten to turn of the Garmin, but you can see how far they had gone before she fell.



Group 1 Run.

Illustrious Leader was leading group 1 run today, and I did offer to be sweep today as well.  I was still feeling a bit sore from Sundays training sessions and from Mondays bike ride up the hill in West Wickham.  I knew I would be at the back anyway.

It was nice to see Wendi back into the fold as well.  She has been off for a few weeks due to injury.  She has been busy running, but just not as far.  Today she wanted to just see how far she can go today.  Group 1 only run about 3 - 3 3/4 miles, and it's good to run with friends. 

I was still warm from my earlier session and still had on my bike jacket!  I was sweating by the time we had done 1 mile.  Wendy didn' think she would be able to do the whole of the route, so I suggested that we go straight up the road, which I.L. took the rest of them on the planned route around Palace estates. At least then we would be meeting them coming back, or they would be catching us up if we were to walk. 

I told I.L. what I suggested to Wendi and another sweeper was going to keep SingstarJo company on the longer route.  I was very impressed with Wendi because she carried on running out for just over a mile and half.  But I suggested to her that we should go back and head off home.  That would be about 3 mile for her then.

She carried on running for another mile before the pain started to tell her to stop! But she was pleased with what she had accomplished!  As for me, well my old muscles were quite pleased for the more relaxed run, and now thoughts were all on getting back and then meeting everyone down the wine bar!

The VLM marathon draw was done and the drinking and celebrations continued.  A nice run day today, well, apart from Tracy falling and Wendi suffering a bit of pain.

Geeky stats.


No comments:

Post a Comment