Thursday 14 November 2013

Off on Thursday!

Hello blog lovers.

Thursday group run was a tad harder for me today!.  I not sure why! I chose the route, through the woods, up to the top of Botany Bay Lane, and then touching on Scadbury woods before doing some pavement pounding to get back to the rec.

After yesterdays bike ride, which I still have to write about actually, I wasn't feeling too confident about how I will be able to keep up let alone lead today.  But I really was looking forward to running! Having a bit of a fretful morning will make you want to just run and run, and when you have beautiful woods like we have here to run through, then your cares and worries are left as you enter them!

There were only the three of us today, and we really did look like the pink ladies! I wished I had nabbed a selfie of us all in our bright pink running attire! We totally looked like a gang!  I was leading them up the middle of the woods, it is still sticky and wet in places.  We all like running through the woods and have come to accept that we are going to get muddy!  I.L. has trail shoes on and she was explaining the benefits of these.  I am deffo going to add these to my Christmas list!  PinkladyJo and me had our ordinary road shoes on.  But no one slipped over in the mud, which was good.

I struggled just a bit getting up the first hill! I think I must be coming down with something, or some other reason that I just don't seem to have the energy today.  I refuse to get ill this time of the year! It's my birthday month, its SingstarJo's birthday month, and also Christmas parties to attend for the next couple of months! I refuse to get ill.  So I'm sure the best thing to do is to just keep on going!

We had a walking section up towards the Tigers Head, well me and PinkladyJo did, Illustrious Leader seems to be back with avengance as she jogs alongside us, chatting away! We soon got back into the jog mode and then some more of the lovely woods to go through!  I am glad I.L. was with us, because as I was chatting away I nearly missed the smaller path, that would have take us further into Scadbury Park, I believe, an area that I am not familiar with, and I must admit, got lost in on one particular Mob Match, much to Spiders amusement, as it's him that usually gets lost! 

This bit didn't last too long and we soon was back on to the road.  I decided to just keep it to our usual distance, about 3 and half to 4 miles, we were going to go down to the roundabout and then turn right to run down the hill. I am hoping the down hill will fill me with some enthusiasm and energy.  It didn't work.  I was still feeling tired and achy, but I had noticed that my mood was better! And that is sometimes all you need!

I.L. was just a little a head of me and PinkladyJo, "Go ahead, keep going, I shall see you at the rec" I said, as I tried to encourage the other two to go at their own pace, I felt as if I was keep them jogging along slowly.  I.L. called back "I shall go ahead but I shall loop back" she said.  Well, she did loop back! Just as I was finishing the bottom of the hill I.L. turned around and started heading back towards me and PinkladyJo.  "I am making myself do the hill again" she said as she got nearer to me! Now that is finding your mojo again and totally embracing it!

I made myself run just a little faster down crossways, as I always do. Not as fast a sprint as I usually do but definitely the fastest I had moved today!  Both the ladies enjoyed the route and the run, which I was really pleased about. I think the Pink Ladies was a very good description of us all today, especially me, as I am sure my face was glowing as pink as my top!

Geeky stats.

No comments:

Post a Comment