Tuesday 14 January 2014

Club Run - New Group and Group 1

Hello Blog lovers.

Well, this evenings club runs were very interesting indeed!  And I just loved them.  I am doing something I love doing while doing something I love doing! And that is running while at the same time encouraging others to run as well!  It's a win win situation for me!

Group 0

The first run this evening was with my new group that I have started this evening.  It's a kind of inbetweeners group.  Not quite beginners, but not quite ready from group 1 and upwards!  This group is going to be a stepping stone for those who want to become group runners, and also for those who have been out of running for a while, either with injury or circumstance or just sheer lack of time or even enthusiasm.

Running in a group, with other people, for me, is the best motivation that you need. Just the camaraderie that is there will keep you on your toes, wanting to do yourself proud as well as your running buddies.

I had two ladies with me today in my group, with Jo also helping to lead. Tracy has come back to get back to group 1 fitness and there was also another lady that wants to get on to the fitness trail.  The first thing was to get some warm ups done.  Although it's quite mild for mid January, trying to run with cold muscles is not good.  That is just asking for pain!  So I used the quite road to do some gentle jogging and butt kicks, and side stepping to get things warmed up, but making sure that I kept it nice and quite so as not to annoy the neighbours! 

Then it was on for the first run of Group......well, I shall have to think of a name for this group!  Maybe call it Group Zero, because after this we become hero's!  My route took in Great thrift, and Hazelmere roads.....twice!  On the way out and on the way back!  This first run was a 'Lets see what you all can do'!  And let me tell you, both of them did really really well!  Going up towards Pettswood, on those two inclines was a test for them, and they both did well. 

I said to them both that if they needed a walking break then they should take it, as this evening is just for me and for them to see how much running they can do.  So to see them get up the hills without stopping was pretty good.

At the top of the hills, near the memorial hall, I suggested to Jo that she and the Julia do a run back, as Tracy caught up.  We had a little stop then and carried on with the rest of the loop.  But just to keep it a little bit interesting for Julia, as she was a tad faster, then her a Jo was to do some loop backs.  When they were about 2 lampposts in front of us, then they were to run back to us and then carry on again.

It really was a lovely run.  We covered about 2 and half miles.  But the main thing was, is that both of them enjoyed it.  Both are coming back next week, and I really enjoyed it too.

Geeky stats for this first run.



Group 1

We had quite a big group for todays session.  SingstarJo was going to be leading, and her route is heading towards the Harvester and back!  But then DiscoRich called me to chat with a couple of new people who had turned up today.  They were first timers and only had run a few miles here and there, a couple of 5k charity races, and wanted to get into running properly.  In fact, these ladies are perfect for my 7:00 session! 

But instead of just sending them away to come back next week to the earlier session, I offered to run with them and we can chase after group 1.  You never know, they might surprise us and keep up with them all the way round!

DiscoRich stayed at the back with me, while Illustrious Leader had  the sweeper role for the main group.  For the first half of the run we were never that far behind the main group, they were also in eyesight. As we were running one of the ladies said that this was the furthest, so far, that she had ever ran!  When she heard that we were heading towards the Harvester, she said to her friend that she didn't think she could do it!  Yet look at her, she had ran for about a 1.5 miles and she was just so pleased with herself.  "My son didn't think I would be able to do it" she said to us.  Well I think her son will be very proud of her now! 

The route that we was taking is more or less the same as the main group, but they will be doing the little loop around before heading back up Southborough Lane.  And knowing SingstarJo she will also be doing the longer way round to the rec, Great thrift, Hazelmere route.  But I thought that just 3 miles for a first run is plenty! Probably a little over done to be truthful!  I think one of them is going to ache tormorrow!  I am hoping that it is going to be a nice aching, the kind of aching that reminds you of what you had achieved to feel like that in the first place. 

The both said that they are going to come back next week to my 7 o'clock session, I think Tuesdays are going to be double fun again. 

I do like to encourage others into this sport.  It's free, and you can do it anyway!  There is no need to wait for 'outdoors' to open, no fees to pay for the use of 'outdoors' you just put on your trainers, tracksuit and away you go!  Perfect, and the outdoors is there, 24/7, when ever you need it, what's not to love!

Geeky stats this second group 0 run.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment