Friday 31 January 2014

.....Erm....It's still Raining!

Hello blog lovers.

What can I say? I wake up each morning looking forward to seeing blue skies, dry grounds with maybe a soupcon of a nippy chill in the air, after all it is winter!  Well that didn't happen this morning. The skies were grey with rain pouring out of it! Oh well, this is Britain, and if we only go out when it's sunny, then we will never go out and we will all be the size of houses!

I arrived at the rec and met up with the rest of the Thursday crew.  I.L. is recuperating from her sickness and I believe PinkladyJo is still hobbling with a sore foot.  Which means it is just me and Arvinder.  But he has decided to run with DiscoRich and his crew, understandable really, as he usually runs in group 4 I believe!

So of course there was just me!  Now I could go home and park my car outside my house and then do my usual 3.35 mile route,  I was planning to do a road route anyway.  After last weeks paddle through the woods and the change of direction, I decided that I would give it a miss this week, and try and get a good run in instead of a paddle! But then DiscoRich said "Why don't you come with us?" I though about this....for one second.....and said "No, that's fine, I shall only hold you all up" Which is not nice on this really wet horrid day!  "That's fine, we can loop back to you, we can still all keep warm" 

So in the end I started off with them.  DiscoRich was going to go through the woods, after the slight slating I gave him last week for hitting the pavements.  But the girls really didn't fancy the mud either today.  I think everyone was just a tad fed up of the wet weather now.  So a new route was quickly discussed, and when I heard, "Oh yes, we can go through Jubilee park and then over those little hills" and I am sure I heard Chislehurst mentioned!  Now to get from Jubilee Park to Chislehurst then the only 'little hills' that I knew about was of course Summer Hill! What have I just agreed to?

As we started running I already felt the divide happening, but I just ran that little bit harder to keep up with them.  Of course their 'warm up' first mile pace is a lot faster than my 'warm up' mile.  On cold legs, in the wet, and also feeling a little apprehensive made for a hard first mile.!  But the crew was as good as DiscoRich said, and looped back for me.  But by then, feeling guilty and puffed out, I decided to tell DiscoRich that he and his group carry on with the rest of their route, and I was going to turn left and head towards Southbourough Lane.  It will make for a good Thursday morning run, and I can wait for them at the rec, just so they know that I got back ok.

As I saw the last of the runners disappear from view I settled into my own pace, with my own thoughts for company.  And today, I really do have some lovely thoughts.  It made for a very emotional run down Southborough Lane today. I guess that is the one good thing about solo running in the rain!  I will tell you what my thoughts are, my thoughts are all about my first born baby.  My daughter, she is in Australia and she and her boyfriend are getting married today!  Or at least my today,  it's their Friday!

This is them, don't they make a beautiful couple!



The tears flowed, a smile spread across my face, as I thought of all that she had done in the 29 years she has been in my life.  Yes, it was an emotional run today, a mixture of happiness and sadness that I couldn't be with her today to watch her as she takes the next steps of another new adventure. That of being 'The Wife'

Just I kept up pace as I ran towards Pettswood. I walked a bit, I ran most of it, and I thought of my lovely family, and how I miss my little girl, even though these days I probably speak with her more than when she lived in the house!  All the while the rain came down, just relentlessly, when is it going to stop! At least my little girl will have a glorious sunny day down under in Australia.

When I got to the Newsshopper car park, I decided that I will head on to the left of me, and take the longer route back to the rec. Well, I'm wet, I'm out anyway, and besides I had to wait for DiscoRich to get back as well.

So that's what I did. By the time I clicked on the stop button of my Garmin I had covered 4 miles!  Well I am pleased with that! So Geeky stats for.

No comments:

Post a Comment