Friday 17 January 2014

Silence Is........Not needed here!

Hello blog lovers.

Well today I had no plans, apart from making sure Big Son gets out on time with everything he needed and drop off to the station.  Then I can go for my run.  Ok, I could have got up early, I could have enjoyed the short bright spell we had this morning, but my bed was just hugging me too much!

So after I dropped Son of, I came back, hoping and hoping that the rain will have eased off a bit.  But it didn't! In fact it got even heavy.  So I stared out of the window, listened to some music, sang some songs, tidied up, sang some songs. Then there was a break! As I was already to just leave the house (I left my jacket and hat on!) I made for the door, went out and made sure it was shut! 

It was still just slightly raining, just a few drops could be seen but that is something I can tolerate.  I can even tolerate the rain when begins after I have left the house.  But starting in the rain, coming from a nice warm house, with goodies in the fridge, to the grey, wet and cold of the outside was something I don't like to do.

I had my music in my ears. This run is going to start off with my  running to music style' And that means what ever starts playing then that is what I run too.  It could be blues, it could rock it could be easy listening or it could even be classical!  I am just going to run along to the beat of which ever fills my ears.

For the first half of my run I managed to keep that going, I had some good tunes blaring away that kept a nice steady pace for me.  I was a bit cold to start with, (I should have done some warm ups!) but once in my stride I was feeling pretty good.  The rain came down a tiny bit more now, but it was still nothing like it was, and besides, I am half way round. 

I was beginning to feel a bit tired, and I knew that further along this route I am going to use the 'lamppost' method again, no matter what music was playing, but it might help decide just how fast I run on the 'run faster' lampposts!  I was enjoying my run, I was enjoying my music, I always enjoy my running.  But the thoughts that were going through my mind just as I was running up Magpiehall Lane were "Old Girl, its blooming winter time, you should have stayed in and read a book" I was just over half way of the run today, and I have noticed that I always think things like this when there is just as much to do as I have already done!  I am sure there is a name for this 'Half way blues' if not, then I've just invented it! (or at least named it)

The music playing was taking my mind off the rain, mainly because I was thinking "I wonder if my IPod is water proof?" and the lampposts were coming up fast and furious! At least it seemed that way when I had the walking sections!  But it was nearly all over with, just the last road to do, non stop jogging along, no lamppost to worry about, the music was just there in the background as thoughts about getting in and dried off kept me running.

I got back home, stopped the Garmin and then took a walk around the green!  Yup, that's right, a walk in the rain before I walked into my nice warm home!

Geeky stats.

No comments:

Post a Comment