Sunday 19 January 2014

Solo Sun Day Sunday Run!

Hello blog lovers.

When I woke up this morning, I looked outside, I just felt that it was going to be such a lovely morning!  I knew that today I had  to go for a run at some point. Not only that but I was going to go Garmin free!  I had decided that much yesterday as I thought all the running that I have done! No pressure of sticking to a timed pace, no idea of how far I shall run, nothing but being out! Just getting out there and enjoying it! Now that's what I'm talking about!

So after church, and after a bit of shopping, and preparing Sunday dinner, I put on my running gear, and left the house.  There was no hanging about with my arm up in the air waiting for the satellites to find me, which was most refreshing (and not so daft looking).  My music going on in my ears and I was there, running along,  just out for fun.

Now, where shall I go?!  There is not many directions that I can take from my home, running, not driving I mean, that is not going to take me more that and hour or so to get back, ( I guess there is one pressure then, I don't want to cremate my chicken dinner!)  So I had a general direction in mind that I can take.  It's pavement pounding, but towards the end there is always Jubilee park!  If it wasn't so wet and sticky in the woods I might have thought about taking in some miles in there.  But today I just want to run for as much as I can.  I will betaking some walking breaks, I know I will be but I'm ok with that.  This is a fun time run, just out to have a great time.

So it was straight up southborough Lane to Bromley Common, and turn right.  Going this way I can add miles or take miles off depending how I'm feeling.  If I went left it would mean running up the A21, and only the A21, nothing but the A21!  Right on until Locksbottom! It's a good run if I was training to do something like a half marathon or a 10 miler, but I'm not, and I need to be able to change my route, go this way or that way when I feel like it. Turning right has loads of options to to go for.

I felt very relaxed as I ran along, the 'no agenda' run suiting me well.  Well, the only agenda is to run for about an hour or so.  Maybe next week I will make it a little more, who knows, but I am loving this Garmin free run.  As I turned the corner by the Dripping Tap I knew the hill at the end of this road was waiting for me.  But I just smiled. It's only a small hill really, but usually by the time I get there I am normally cream krackered!!  Getting up it in one go, jogging, is usually a struggle!

But right at that second, as I was heading towards the small hill,  I felt as if it wasn't even a slight incline, let alone a hill.  I felt as if I was running towards a down hill stretch of the road!  I have never felt this confident about getting up a hill! Yes, it's a small one, and yes, it normally gets to my psche first and I start to panic. But right now I started smiling, something I have done a lot of on this run so far, as I headed for the little lump.  I could see the railway bridge, and just on the other side is where it starts to rise. I ran towards it, I felt as strong as anything, squooshing past pedestrians on the narrow pavement as I started run up.  It felt like ........like......running along a flat part, I really couldn't feel this incline at all! How comes this little hill used to have me puffing out of my ass?!..... yet now here I was running right to the very top of it!  But then I had to stop! If I could have ran on I would have but I needed to let the traffic stop before I crossed the road!

After that very small conquest I ran on homeward bound still smiling.  I made my mind up I was definitely going to go through Jubilee park.  I felt as if I went any further then would be pushing it and spoil my great fun time run but going the shorter way through the play park that is near my home would leave me disappointed with myself that I didn't go further.  I really had a great run.  I must have been smiling as I was thinking about which way I was going because an old man waved and smiled over at me and I nodded in acknowledgement. Yup, I was feeling good.

Going through the  Jubilee park, with the sun just at its best, there were people walking their dogs, arm in arm with each other, they were out with their kids on the Christmas bikes and scooters!  We have all had enough of the rain, we have had enough of water and flooding of staring out of our windows wondering if it will ever stop raining.  We need to get out, I need to get out and breathe in and just enjoy being alive!

Estimated run 4 to 5 miles, estimated time, ooo, about 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes, put it this way, when I got back my spuds had only just gone in the oven, Big Son had remembered my instructions, and the chicken was smelling gorgeous!


No comments:

Post a Comment