Saturday 8 March 2014

First Park Run Of The Year!

Hello blog lovers.

It's back! Normans Park Parkrun is back!  The last park run at Bromley was December 21st, I believe.  Most people that usually go to this one have been parkrun tourists, (but not me!) I have been enjoying my duvet instead!

I was rudely awoken by Nagging Sister, first by text, which I ignored, then she called me!  I couldn't ignore that.  I was looking towards the Old Boy to help get me out of this, but he just said "I'm saying nothing" as he snuggled on down in the duvet!

Well, obviously I dragged myself out, I don't think the Nagging sister would ever stop chatting if I didn't.  And drove myself to Normans Park.  The sun was trying to break through, and it could be a nice bright day today.  So maybe it's a good thing that N.S. woke me up.

I hung about the carpark waiting for her to come along and then we both made our way to the start, which is up the other end of the carpark!  SingstarJo was doing the announcements today, and everybody as just glad to be back.  We soon were off.

I wasn't going to head out at breakneck speed, as if that has ever happened at all in my life!, but I was just going to plod along and just see how I do.  On this particular route I do tend to beat myself up a bit.  So my goal is not to beat myself up and just get round the first park run of the year.  It is going to be slow, the ground is still quite soft and a bit sticky in a couple of places.  And.........no, no more excuses, it is going to be slow because I am slow!

But the fact is, that I am out here, on a Saturday morning at 9 o'clock, running around the local park!  That is what it's all about!  But I still beat myself up, just a bit.  I kept having to choose races to keep me going.  One of them got away from me, but the other one didn't, in fact I had two races a head of me,  I passed one of them and then and then I passed the next one.  I got a bit complacent as they both ran pass on the tarmac by the pavilion on the second lap.  Darn it.  I kept focused and then just kept going, passing both my 'races' again.  This time I managed to stay in front.  I kept an eye out and I listened for any of them coming up behind me.

I was pleased that they didn't pass by me anymore.  I kept focused on the long stretch down, concentrating on my posture, keeping my head up, a nice stead pace, and also my running style.  I have noticed I have started to do the whole heel striking running again, so I 'training' my self to correct that and run more efficiently.

My time wasn't the most fastest time, probably bordering on the slowest.  But Nagging Sister was right, I feel pleased that I am here, I always feel pleased after a run, and now, home for a cuppa and something to eat!

Geeky stats.

No comments:

Post a Comment