Thursday 1 May 2014

Catching Up!

Hello blog lovers,

So this is my catchup blog, I will try and cram everything so far into this blog. keep everything short and sweet! if that is possible!

So, where were we.

Monday, well, Monday I didn't do any exercises, I attended Running Mans - James Gilson funeral.  A great inspirational character that lived and run around my area.

Tuesday was slightly different.  Tuesday was quite busy in the exercise dept.  First off it was a short bike ride! But that little report will be in my cycling blog!  So after reading this you can click on my profile and take a butchers at that little gem!

In the evening I had my two group runs.  The first is Group Zero.  I had another new member that came along to get back to running and also two more successes as SingstarJo and Michelle S leaves group 0 and is back into group 1!

A slightly different route for them that evening as we headed straight up the middle of the woods from 'Dog Poo Ally'.  This is another new route and I wasn't sure how far we will be running.  I was hoping though it wasn't over 3 miles! 

It was a very good run with a couple of the members really running well!  They will be the next one's to be graduating back to group 1.  The woods were not as bad as last week, with the muddy puddles a lot less sticky and wet.  Going along the top of the woods and then crossing over Botany Bay Lane we ran along towards Goss Hill.  Running this way around means we have the pleasure of running down there, and then instead of heading out of the woods to do the extra half to three quarters of a mile that group 1 would normally do we ran along by the side of the river as we turned left at the bottom of the hill.

Back up to the railway lines and the follow the rail lines all the way back to 'Dog Poo Ally' for a fast run or slow plod back to the rec.  A lovely run and believe all the ladies enjoyed it.  I know I did, but then I do love running through the woods!

Geeky stats



Group 1 run was lead by Illustrious leader.  You can tell it's getting lighter because we just touched on the woods! Yay! (as SingstarJo would say), I do love running through here, I may have mentioned that once or twice!

We were running all part of the route that I had done with Group 0 only an hour before but in the opposite direction, so at least it felt different! But I wouldn't have minded,  it's in the woods and it's running!  Win win!

The bridge that took us out of the woods seemed to arrive all to quickly, but the light was fading and safety is paramount when there is a group of us, with not a headlamp between us!  Maybe next week we can stay a bit longer! 

After this it was back on the roads.  I was at the back as usual, but it was good because I got to run along with SingstarJo and Michelle S as come back to join us in Group 1.  A lovely run, as always!  Well running with friends is always so nice!

Geeky stats.



Wednesday saw me running again.  Normally I would have a rest day as I have a kind of a busy day.  Sometimes I go cycling in the evening, but I knew this Wednesday it was going to be sat in doors (or so I thought, instead I was being a 'grease monkey' as I loaned a hand as the Old Boy fixed our daughters car!)  But I found myself after toddlers with no school run to do, no kids waiting to be picked up and the afternoon was just to glorious to stay in!  So I quickly got changed grabbed my Garmin, (which had one bar left of battery life!) and went out.

I decided to do run the route that Naggy Neighbour took me on a few weeks back.  The day we did that run was a day when we were both feeling particularly 'meh' but we were glad that we did it!  I was hoping that it will do the same again!

It wasn't a particular fast run, but I didn't worry about it.  I was out, an added bonus run to my week.  So I wasn't bothering about the time, my Garmin is just because I love seeing my route displayed!  Plus all those other geeky stats!  So you can image how annoyed I was that my Garmin ran out somewhere from the A21 or Southborough Lane!  So instead of doing a walk around the green straight away after I got back I quickly ran in to check on the time!  My clock said it was 16:11. so now I am going to work out how long I was out for!

Geeky stats and the whole run took 41 minutes

So, now we are up to date. Thursday saw me again doing another solo run!  I didn't go to the rec as I just had a feeling that there was not going to be anyone in my group turning up.  The weather is absolutely awful!  Horrid rain!  It just doesn't inspire anyway to go out.  I called DiscoRich to let him know no to expect me at the rec, and then just after 09:30 I managed to get my head together to get out and do my run!  Imagine my surprise when I found that it had stopped raining hard, just slightly drizzling.  "I can do this" I thought to myself, this is gonna be just fine.

My route is going to be the usual Turpington, Greenway, Magpiehall Lane route.  I had my music streaming into my ears and I was raring to go.  Well, in my head I was raring to go, my body felt like it was about to walk off in protest! 

As I was going around my route I started thinking that maybe I should have had a rest day after all.  But then my running brain (which is developing nicely again!) said 'Don't be soft, you're doing a half marathon soon!" And so that was the 'theme' of my run today!  Not quite a 'beating up' of my self, but I did shout out a couple of times to "get your arse in gear and move it woman!" I just hoped no-one heard me. I don't want people thinking 'There goes that crazy shouty woman again!'

I did find it tough today, and I think tomorrow after I have waited in for a delivery, I will try and squeeze in a bike ride somewhere! Less impact on the old joints but still out enjoying the day, hopefully it will be dry, unlike today!

Oh, one other thing that I did today, was to walk around a route for an organised fun run!  So keep reading my blogs for more information as things get arranged!  It's going to be fun!

Geeky stats for Thursday run.





No comments:

Post a Comment