Saturday 3 May 2014

Saturday Sizzler!

Hello blog lovers.

Parkrun was on my heart.....last night, but this morning I just couldn't get my act together!  But instead of just turning over and laying in bed for a bit longer, (which I did anyway) but when I did get up I put on my running gear and just went for it!

So for punishment or really because I need to do more that 3 miles I set out to do at least 4!  I had no idea where I was going to go, the sun was shining, blues sky and I looked wonderful out there.  So my running attire was capri pants and vest top!  When I went out side I suddenly realised that it is still only just turned May! Brrr. 

But I had a feeling that it will warm up, it was too good a day not too.  So after my little shiver, and also what turned out to be a good decision, deciding whether to go and get a sleeved top on I started my Garmin and headed off, with not really a route in mind.  So as always in those sort of circumstances I head towards Pettswood and try and get inspiration. 

I chose to go up Hollingworth! It's the hills that I need to get to love!  Somehow I just don't think it's going to happen too soon!  I don't even like walking up them let alone trying run or cycle them!  It really is a love/hate relationship with them there hills!  I just love hating them!  I did run up it though no stopping, still cursing it but feeling pleased that I did it!

By now I was well and truly warmed up, a great decision about the whole 'sleeves or no sleeves' was made!  I was also running with no hat!  I left the house too quickly, (just in case I changed m mind) and left it behind.  So the sweat was now falling in my eyes, (and no sleeves to wipe with either!) but I wasn't really complaining.  Summer is my favourite season. Ok so the running can take longer as the day heats up! (got to get my excuses, for slow runs, in early for the summer!) but I just feel so much happier when the sun is shining.  It's not as if I even lay out in the sun, all those wrinkle making rays on an old bird like me, is not good!  But I just love it!

I ran along to Shepperton and then turned left to run towards the High street.  Then it was turning right under the railway lines to run along by the Daylight Inn.  I knew I had to add a mile or so on this particular route, and I was thinking about where I could go.  Suddenly a smile came to my face as I though about something special that I am working on.  A route that will take me down to the A21 and then kind of double back to take me home.

As I was going back over the walking bridge I bumped into Peter.  We had a chat, which you will notice on the geeky stats.  He told me the PWR's beginners class had their last session today, and there were still about 30 left.  From 8 weeks ago when there were about 60, that is pretty good going. It was a nice little break, and as I am only running these days because of the love of running, I wasn't going to beat myself up about stopping for a chat!

From here my plan is to run all the way down to the Harvester, then turn left and run towards the park.  My tunes kept me well entertained until we got there.  I was feeling really good, as if I could run for ages, and at the park, instead of turning left to head off home (which would have been to short a distance anyway) I turned right and went around the park to the pathway that came out on Magpiehall Lane. 

Yup, this is a nice run!  I like this route.  From there I ran up to the A21, and turned left to run towards Trinity church.  There were runners about and they all smiled!  From those down Southborough to the ones running along the A21!  Runners and cyclists are the most friendliest people!  I don't think I get many smiles from people who are walking about, unless I know them of course, but with runners and cyclists, there is this kindred spirit, most of us always smile, we even smile at the people just going about there business if we happen to make eye contact! 

From Trinity church I turned left again to run towards Turn Around Lamppost!  It's not that far now, half a mile, I am almost there, and only just started to feel fatigued!  Not too bad, but I fear, still so under trained for my half marathon coming up soon!!  It was good running up to my home, the sweat was pouring from me, I was definitely sizzling under this lovely sun that was blazing down!

Anyway, here's the geeky stats, I think I may have gone on way to long as usual! 


No comments:

Post a Comment