Friday 23 May 2014

Thursday Training Day

Hello blog lovers.

Last night was training at the rec.  I was running a bit late so I took my car to get along there.  I just got there in time as they started off their first warm up lap.  I tagged along and started chatting to Illustrious Leader.  I was also pleased to see a couple of ladies from my Group 0 there as well.   I was glad that I 'sold' it to them.  These sessions although are hard work, are great fun.  And really you put in as much hard work as you want to.  Still feeling the effects of yet another cold, I just did as best as I could.

First off, was the drills.  But kicks, sideways running, high knees and twisty side running. It was all in there to get us ready for some speedy running.  At first Jenny, who was taking last nights session, had us in 2 groups.  We had to do relay style running up and down five cones, each one just a little further away. There is always a little bit of rivalry involved with this team games. 

This time I was on the winning team!  After that, Jenny had a brain wave to make 3 teams, and then we had to do it again, but thankfully only go up to the 5th cone and finishing, not going back down the numbers to 1 again.

A quick drink, and then it was into the core training part!  I really think this is going to do me some real good.  I need to have a good strong core for running faster and for cycling!  I tried as best as I could, I have made myself a promise to lose 2 stone and to get fitter!

We  had a another little break after the star jumps, planks, press ups, burpees! and the into our next running session.  Relay racing! With battons, I love these sessions.  Of course I teamed up with the group 0 ladies, but I did notice that Victoria can put on a pretty darn good spurt of speed as she was running up to me with the batton!

Brilliant session and can't wait to do it all again!

No comments:

Post a Comment