Monday 2 June 2014

Selfies on a 7 Miler!

Hello blog lovers!

Never mind the 7 year itch, its the 7 mile itch for me.  My longest runs are now going to be 7 miles or over!  That is my goal from now on.  My short runs will be no less that 3 miles.  Blimey seems I am getting quite serious again now, and I've not even got a race to do!

But I am trying to lose weight, this is the main purpose this year, this is what I have set my mind on.  By the end of August I want to be lighter by 2 stone!  It's not a lot to ask for, and I think if I put my mind to it, really work hard, stay off beer and chocolate (and pie n mash!) I think I can do it!

This is my weekly tracker!  I am going to try and get the little lady to the treasure, you see me with a choccie bar in hand you have my permission to snatch it, stamp on it, and hand it back to me!


So today, my work was cancelled for this afternoon, only have to drop off first thing in the morning and pick up again at 3, so plenty of time for running!  7 miles is my target and then back here to do some work on this flabby tummy before I cooled down. 

Even though I have this goal in mind, I am not going to beat myself up about running non stop!  If there is one thing I have leaned about myself since running is that although I take walking breaks, I don't give up!  If I have set my mind on doing 7 miles, or doing 10 or 26.2 miles then I will do it!  If I set my goal in my head and don't complete it only then will I beat myself up!

It's tough running, I know that, and I admire anyone who does it, whether its just for 2 miles or ultra marathons,  the fact that we just start running is a huge huge bonus! And running shouldn't be something to be scared of, it shouldn't be something that you think you can't do, because you can run!  The only thing that stops you is your mind!  Sometimes running is not nice.  When the rain is coming down and you're feeling cold, and people walking past under umbrellas rushing to be home think you're totally nuts. But even in those times you realise, admittedly only after you get home, that 'Yes, you done it, you ran in the rain'.

Anyway, I totally digress!  But sometimes I need a pep talk to myself.  Because on this run today I did quite a bit of walking sections, maybe only for 20 to 30 seconds at a time, some was for a minute or more.  But it don't matter.  I still got around a 7 mile route quicker than if I just tried to walk it!  Therefor it is a run! Simples.

I decided to take a picture of my '3.5 mile face' (Mr. S style selfie),

3.5 mile face!
 and also a picture of the lights near Locksbottom, to remind myself that I didn't take the easier route, avoiding the hill, I went straight up! 
The first set of lights a Locksbottom

As I was running down Crofton road I had noticed a white van parked on a bit of grass on the other side of the road.  It wasn't bothering anyone, it wasn't obstructing access to anyway and the owner of the van was working on a house just next to it.  Now I know everyone has a job to do, but sometimes you need just a bit of discretion, the traffic office looking over the van and 'bleeping' it with her machine brought forth one of my famous whistles to the chap sitting on top of the roof! I pointed down to the van! Job done!

I kept the run/walk going on, enjoying just being out in the sunshine, a bonus for today, as there was rain first thing.  They (those that predict the weather) said it was going to be showery all day, yet here I was sweating and thinking that maybe I should have bought a drink along.

My run was nearly over anyway, I was just reaching Pettswood, here is another selfie,

a quizzicle selfie, 'Shall I take a short cut home or not'  Well as in the true spirit of my new motivational 'get out there and do what you said you was going to do' regime I made the right decision!

On through Queensway and then home. 7 miles finished and I was feeling very pleased with myself.
Here's a last picture of me of when I got home.



Why doesn't anyone tell me that I look like a beetroot after a run?!! Wow!

And here is the geeky stats.



No comments:

Post a Comment