Wednesday 13 August 2014

A Short Run

Hello Blog lovers,

It's so good to be writing this as it means I am back to running.  Two days in a row now, ok, so nice and short ones, not speedy, but you can rush these things.  And I also did some core training this morning!  Yes I was working, so what did I do? I got the children to 'play along' with me, see if the can do as many reps of each discipline as they can.  I don't know why I didn't think of it before after all just 1 minute of 5 disciplines only takes out 5 minutes of your day!  You can do that at work! In fact I might 'challenge people to take five minutes out of their day to do a five minute core workout for 1 week!

Anyway, so here I am, feeling nicely achy after yesterdays first run. I was going to do just another short 2 miler or so, at a slightly faster pace than yesterday, at least that was what I hoped.  A little bit more of a push but not too much!  I set my Garmin up, hat on, shoes on and then out the door!  I was smiling!

Just to stop myself from thinking about how fast I was before I hurt my back, I went a different way, I turned right instead of left and started towards my local park.  I thought I would just run up Parkfield and then down Southborough Lane and home.  A very short run, but I was feeling quite good so as I was running through the park I carried on to the next exit and ran along Magpie Hall Lane and then run down Green Way.  At least I would have no idea of what time I would have, and so no pressure.

I had some good tunes playing in my ears and it was making for a nice 'easing back to running' run. Of course I had some stopping sections, where I did some walking, but that is something that I shall work ok over the next few months.  Maybe just work on my pacing a bit.  I had some great tunes that I could run to the beat with.  I used those songs to make sure that I didn't stop running until the end of the song.  But then a real good song came on, its one of my favs to run along too, especially when I am feeling a bit tired and want to walk even more, its Tina Turners Nut Bush City,

I was running along passed The Chequers pub with this nicely easy paced kind of running going on, with my arms 'dancing' as I went along. I must look completely whacko when this song comes in my ears.  I must get someone to capture the moment on video one day!

It was a good run though, and I was glad that I decided not to do the whole of my usual route, I don't think I would have enjoyed it as much.  I was feeling a bit shaky just before I left my house anyway, i think its a 'cold turkey' thing going on, I am cutting out sugar and beer, only just having one day a week for letting my hair down and enjoying a glass of ale or lager!

So my geeky stats for todays run, I think I am quite pleased with the results. Put it this way, there is still room for improvement but I have been tons and tons slower!



No comments:

Post a Comment