Tuesday 12 August 2014

Leader, lead yourself!

Hello blog lovers.

I'M BACK. And boy did it feel good! The title of todays blog is kind of based on a proverb from  Luke 4:23  'Physician, heal yourself' just in case you were wondering.  And it did feel a bit like that when I arrived at the Rec.  I was feeling apprehensive about running, but also that I could also be holding my heroes group.

There were three heroes today, or I should say four as I am including  me as a member come leader today.  My last run was on the 17th July, and now its the 12th August, so it has been a while.  But when I was waiting for the others I was starting to feel very excited, very happy to be out and about to go running again.

Our route was going through the woods today.  All the while the days are bright then the woods is the only place to go.  It's peaceful, it's soft underfoot, it smells so fresh!  I just couldn't even contemplate running on pavements, who would eh?

We started our run, once we all said hi to each other, while we were still in the carpark!  I couldn't wait!  The four members of Group Zero to Hero, out running, me, Ariol, Denise and Jo.  We have had a bit of rain lately and I had no idea what the woods would be like, but I wasn't bothered and neither were the other ladies.  Jo seems to be able to 'glide' over the muddier holes anyway as her shoes are normally splatter free when we get back to the rec.  How does she do that?

We went straight up the hill in the middle of the woods.  I didn't know how I was going to fare with that particular part of our run!  I felt sure I will be the first to walk and as it happened I was!  The other ladies did brilliantly, and I am sure Ariol got even further than she did last time I was with her!  Denise and Jo were just flying up there.

But once we got to the top it is all just so gorgeous, you feel you can run for ever when running that particular part of the woods.  We tippy toed, hopped and jumped over the muddier stickier parts of the path, we 'sashaed' over puddles and roots, oh my, it was just so good to be out.  Even the weather was for us this evening.  A perfect temperature, no wind or rain, it was just super.

As we started to run down back to 'Dog Poo' ally I realised that we had actually got quite a bit of time left and asked them all if they wanted to just pop along to the two bridges before coming out of the woods.  They all agreed!

A perfect comeback run today, with some lovely ladies!  I'm back!

Geeky stats



A great run.







No comments:

Post a Comment