Sunday 31 August 2014

Sunny Sunday Afternoon!s

Hello blog lovers.

Here I am trying to get back to my mojo and enthusiasm of running.  Don't get me wrong, I love my running and my cycling, that goes without saying.  But the mojo, the umpff, the excitement of planning to go for a run is a bit lost.  Going to club runs is brilliant, park runs, on special occasions was fantastic, especially yesterday!  But some time last year I was almost jumping out of bed to do Parkruns.  I can't think what has happened to make me lose my mojo!

The only thing that is needed is anit-aversion therapy!  Can you tell I've been 'googling'  But I decided that I must do more running, with more longer routes, but try and keep thinking happy thoughts, hence my need to run with my iPods and friends.  Keep running, as much as possible and keep all thoughts as happy and nice as possible.  Keep thinking of maybe a lovely treat at the end of a run, or maybe just that nice time when you jump in the shower and the hot water hits you!  All positive thoughts.

Make sure there is only happy, cheerful, rocking songs on the iPod, (when it's working), so how I was going cope with my planned 5-6 miler today I don't know.  But I guess when you don't expect things to happened Him above can get to work.  Just before I left for church this morning SingstarJo text me and suggested we go for a run.  I told I was planning on doing that straight after church, (because if I had planned it later I just knew I wouldn't go).  She said that was fine and could come and join me!  See, Hi knows exactly what you need!

There I was, a great time at church, (plus there was cake as it was our Paster Pauls birthday!) I have a running buddy to drag my backside around my planned 5-6 mile route and the sun was shining!  Just perfect.  We set off after waiting for satellites to find our Garmins, SingstarJo found hers in about 10 seconds mine took about 10 hours, ok slight exaggeration, but it was still longer than Jo's.  We started our run through the local park.

I told her that we would be taking in Summer Hill, not only that, but the not so nice way up it as well!  We chatted and laughed and had a fabulous time all the way to the that hill!  I took a deep breath, I tried to banish the negative thoughts from my mind and then we started down the hill.  Obviously I could get down there non stop!  Going up, however, was going to be a different story.  We started off side by side, and then SingstarJo was getting into her zone.  I was having a temper tantrum! One of a few I had after this particular hill, but I felt I needed to tell myself off! "Come on Old Girl, for goodness sakes" I said quite loudly!

But having SingstarJo there, I am sure, helped keep me moving, there is that "I don't want to let anyone down" thing that is there when your'e running with buddies.  I think I amused her though with my motivational self speeches I had with myself! We made it to the top of Summer Hill, with only a 1 walking section.  I may have slowed down to almost a crawl, but that running action was still there!  I was pleased with my effort, even though I was letting in a few negative thoughts afterwards.

We kept the whole run/walk theme carry on for the rest of the route, which now is mainly flat and down hills. All the while chatting away.  SingstarJo was very encouraging when I started to beat myself up that I was doing the walking thing.  She also reminded me that actually I have ran faster and further than most of the people that we have passed, either in their homes or cars, or even out walking!  So yes, I was feeling a bit better.

We had the perfect part of our run through the woods!  You all know how I love running through the woods! And this was indeed a perfect part of our run today.  The sun had been steadily smiling away warming us up, sending us the goodness from it's light (of which I can't think what it is now, vitamin c, d, or e or something completely different) so the shade from the trees was a welcome respite!

After coming out of the woods we crossed over the road and headed down to the round about.  A typical club run route for both of us, and then we ran up the other side so that we could run over the walking bridge for the last bit back to my house!

A great run today, with great company, and my mojo is slowly coming out of its hiding place!  Maybe this time I will treat it with respect!  The love of running is what it's all about. Speed even distances they are just tiny little challenges......for fun......and for getting the bling!

Geeky stats today.





No comments:

Post a Comment