Thursday 21 August 2014

Thursdays FunDay!

Hello blog lovers.

I do love our Thursday sessions in the rec.  The core training, the company, the fun and a chance to be leader!

Thursdays sessions usually wind down during the August because of holidays, leaders away. But again this year, those that were not on holiday just keep flocking to the park, because that's what we do, that's what we like to do. And we shall continue until it's too dark to see, and then ......... well, then we shall have a think and do something else!

Seven of us were at the rec today, including DiscoRich after a 12 hour or so flight from Japan!  PWR's just love running and meeting up with other PWR's! For some reason I have the film Zombies in mind, I am sure that once they become zombies they just kept doing the ordinary everyday things that they used to do..... anyway, I digress!


It seemed as if SingstarJo had the lead for the first part of our session today as she said "Ok, twice round the green" So we all did two laps of the rec, warming up and getting ready for the drills.

The drills section was started off my MarmiteDave.  "High knees everyone" was the order, and we all did the high knees to the cricket crease with a jog back.  A few more drills went on and we were totally warmed up for some speed running, pyramid style!

It seems Matt the Mat's mat had brought about mat envy as two mats appeared today and we used those as markers for the pyramids.  Mind you Matt the Mat was't there to show off his mat. We had two teams of three, with me just running as a 'spare' when SingstarJo ran.  It made me realise that she is quite a fast runner on the quiet!

After that it was down to some core training.  SingstarJo took the lead for the first part.  She showed us some of her yoga moves, or bodybalance stuff. Something about meeting the sun or something.
But it was very good! In fact I shall even try and do something like that each morning, it may do me some good!  But then after that she said "And Old Girl, over to you." Me? I hadn't thought about anything, about what sort of core training we could do.  But as we had done some different with S.J. then I thought I would try something different.  Well, it's what EmmaD once did at last years c.t. and although it was pretty tough I really had enjoyed it.

Obviously couldn't quite remember the timings and the particular disciplines that we had done, so again, as like last week I was going to wing it.  What I had in mind is 2 minutes of very exercise strung together, no break, just one after the other.  Burpees for 30 secs, star jumps for 30 secs, push ups for 30s and then finish off we a 30 sec plank.  Sounds like fun.  But as I had to keep an eye of the time I didn't actually do it! I was the leader.......for the first time and then SingstarJo took the watch as we did the whole routine again!  Why did I suggest that little gem!

After we recovered from that we then started our second running session. Relays of course.  A chance to push yourself a bit harder than you would normally push yourself on the road or in a race, looking towards your team mate to tag before you can take a breather.  I again teamed up as S.J. shadow to be the no.1's.  Fabulous times, and I wasn't that far behind each time! Just as well it's not a race, because she would outrun me hands down!

A cool down stretch to finish off the evening, with a couple of extra yoga position type of stretches.  Great fun if you can get into those positions and not fall over!  I think I am just too curvy and wobbly, a bit like the weebles! (except that I do actually fall down, so bad example really!)










DiscoRich decided to do another couple of laps of the rec while the rest of us
carried on with the new yoga stretches!  A fabulous time today!  Thanks all, just so love Thursdays!

No comments:

Post a Comment