Tuesday 30 September 2014

Club Tuesday!

Hello blog lovers

I do love Tuesdays, I really do.  But sometimes Tuesdays don't love me!  I had an awful day, dealing with all my bloomin paper work, a job I loathe and detest, (and still not finished!) plus doing my tax returns.  It took up the whole day!  I was just so engrossed in trying to get it all sorted I had forgotten to eat or even drink tea!  And I so love my tea!

Before I knew what the time was I had a few minutes to get ready for a funeral, go down to the school pick up little lad from school, get back, chop salad and then hand lad over and go to the funeral!  Some where between those things I should have eaten something, but instead I gobbled down a slice of bread and butter as I flew out of the door!

I picked up Auriol on my way to the rec.  We were soon joined by Julie and Ade, both were looking forward to todays run.  I took them around the other winter route, uphill to start with.  Birchwood is a nice steady incline, a great warm up session to get us ready to run as far as we can towards the memorial hall.

Everyone did it brilliantly, I guess having the hill first just 'gets it out of the way'.  The four of us made our way all the way back down towards Petts wood.  We stayed together all the way day, running as one! Julia I knew could go a bit faster, but she is here 'in recuperation' and is taking it slowly, getting fitter to get back to group 1.  This is what Group 0 is all about. Love it!

It's for the beginners who feel that they are not quite ready to join group 1, to build up their confidence, and make them feel part of our very friendly group.  We don't just abandon our beginners on their own after they have done their 5k! Oh no, we carry on nurturing and encouraging and helping!  This is a brilliant club!

so 2.30 miles done and all runners really enjoed it!

Geeky stat


Group 1

After finishing group 0 I still had about 10 or so minutes to wait until 7:50 pm for all the runners to turn up, so I popped to the ladies as I had remembered I had my makeup on for the funeral and I knew it will be travelling down to my chest by now.  I was busy washing in the sink when SingstarJo turned up!  Seems she caught me again with my panda face!  It was indeed heading towards my chest!

Anyway, I was looking forward to group 1 run, but I was also beginning to feel fatigued, and I realised it was because I had not eaten properly.  Stress and hunger had been the order of the day, and I also realised that I had also been 'feeding' the 'black dog' of late as well!  I really must pull myself out of my doldrums and look at the positive things going on right now!  

Our run was one of SingstarJo's fav routes. It involves Cardiac hill, but going up it, as she doing the route in the opposite direction! This did make me feel the pressure to keep up.  And not only that, we are going up to Petts Wood via the hillier group 0 route.  But at least that is the first of the hills, and I still have a tiny bit of energy left, after all I did eat a whole slice of bread earlier.  But I know what I say to people, and I know that I haven't listened, again, to my own advice!   

Yes group 1 tonight is going to be a bit of a struggle.  But I shall keep going with them as far as I can, if I have to take a short cut I will, and I will also try not to beat my self up. about it either.  But to cut my ramblings short, I did chicken out of doing Cardiac Hill, I just wasn't feeling it this evening.  I think I need to go back and eat!

So here is my geeky stats for this evenings group 1


No comments:

Post a Comment