Monday 22 September 2014

Searching For The Missing Mojo

Hello blog lovers

Today I had my leadership hat on.  Although I think Tracy thought I had my 'trying to kill' hat on.  Me and Tracy are on a mission.  This time last year she was in training for the Petts Wood Runners 10k, and she did really well, completing it in about an hour and half!  Here this is a picture of her as she crossed the finishing line,

Tracy October 13th 2013.....and me with open arms!


But since then 'life' got in the way, work took up, kids, shopping, life, and then training seemed to have been put on the back burner.  I know exactly how she felt!  It's difficult to keep things going especially when you have completed a goal that you had been working hard for.  I know, did I tell you that I had done the marathon last year (2013).  It's kind of like 'post-race blues', or in Tracy's case, 'post-race browns' as it was just so so so muddy last year, but apparently the best ever one so far!

So that's the back ground, she needs a bit of a boost to get her back to running again, and getting fit and away from the couch!  I arrived at her house (after being reminded, as I was actually having a couch potato moment of my own) and there she was all set and.......well not looking as if she was going to enjoy it.

That's just the couch potato syndrome getting to her, I know that, and she knows that, which is why she came out with wry smile, feeling a bit nervous too, no doubt.  I thought it best to go right back to basics, with 4 minutes walking and 1 minute running.  If during the 1 minute run it looks as she could go a bit further then we shall just go with the moment.

I chose a route that Tracy knows well and will use as her training during the week, just as she did last year.  The first 4 minutes was a walk up the hill, and in just a few weeks time we will be running up there!  It's surprising how quickly 4 minutes disappears! We lapsed into 10 seconds of our running time!

We were going to do 6 reps of the 4 min walk and 1 min run, a nice half hour (see I can add up as well!) We walked/ran up to Petts Wood then took a left on Crest View Drive.  Our route is going through Jubilee Park, see how far we can get in 15 minutes and then turn around and come back again.

Once we set our bench mark then we shall see, each week, as we push just a little further each time!  I'm not sure if I actually told her that bit yet, but it's always good to have surprises!

So no, the hard work begins!  Our goal is Parkrun 5k, non stop!  Something that I myself have difficulty in achieving!  So it's a goal for both of us!  8 weeks from now!  Tracy has been giving her weekly tasks, to do the same thing again on Wednesday and then Friday, then come Monday we shall up the running, down the walking, and, we'll see about the pace.

This is the first week of finding Tracy's mojo!



picture from Petts Wood Runners 10k Web site, taken by Ray Sievey


No comments:

Post a Comment