Thursday 25 September 2014

Hello Thursday Morning Run!

Hello blog lovers.

What a lovely morning to be outside running!  I was really looking forward to getting out and running through the woods with some of my running buddies!  Nothing was going to stop me!  Life did try to upset my plans this morning, but with juggling a few people here and there then it was just perfect.

I picked up Ade, Mr. Monster himself, (that's what our Race Director, David,  called him when he met him at the rec!) Ade is sponsoring our 10k, Monster Merchandising has it's logo on our web site, so David called him Mr. Monster!  I kind of like it actually!  So I picked him up and he looked as if was dead keen on getting out there and enjoying a couple of miles through the woods.

We met up with the rest of todays runners, the fast lovely ladies that will be running with DiscoRich and David, and then I had with me Dawn, Michele, PinkLadyJo and Ade.  My route is about 3.50 miles, a nice steady plod through the woods.  PinkladyJo and Ade haven't been running for ages, so I was going to take it nice and gently.  I have plans up my sleeves for any one that runs off too fast.  I like to lead from the back so that I don't lose anyone!  My plan is if they get to far ahead my whistle comes out and the head back to me.

We went in through Dog Poo Ally and then turned left, running along side the railway lines.  I was going to take them up Botany Bay Lane, past the lovely National Trust house and right up to the very top!  But just as we started on the first path I stumbled over a tree root and my ankle twisted.  Normally I would say to any runner just stop and check it out first.  I put my weight on it with the next step and I could tell it was going to be fine,  (why are us runners so bloody minded?) so much so that I didn't even slow down the pace.  I just limped through a couple of steps and then everything seemed brilliant!

I wouldn't recommend that by they way, always stop and check it out, but I know that I don't actually listen to my own advice.  I am always beating my self up about slow runs, taking short cuts etc etc.  Anyway, we headed on up to Botany Bay Lane,  I let Michelle and Dawn lead on as I took the back so that I didn't leave anyone behind.  I know when I first started running through the woods it amazed me how anyone could find their way, but now I know it's virtually impossible to get lost in these woods, but not everybody else knows that.  So I like to make sure that I can keep an eye on all members in my groups.

The hill going up, Botany Bay Lane (you can tell I like Botany Bay Lane, the amount of times I write it, it sounds so exotic!) Dawn and Michelle seemed to be on a mission.  Get to the gate and then stop!  It's a good plan!  But when Ade looked up he said "Oh blimey"  Then the leadership hat was put on,  "Take it nice and easy, steady pace, use your arms to 'hoick' you up and smaller steps"  See, I know what to do, why or why I don't listen to myself sometimes is beyond me!  We made up way up the hill at our own pace right to the gate, near the lovely house.

We had a quick breather there and I gave the two faster ladies the next bit of the route.......well straight up till you can't go any further really!  Simples! And then we will be turning right to go past the pub.  They took off at their pace and us three plodded along keeping them in site just a few seconds behind them.  The weather seemed to be just perfect.  It wasn't too hot or to cold, and the rain stayed away, the conditions were just perfect. Perfect for those coming back to running after having time off as it's such a boost when conditions are just right.

I was really enjoying my run.  We got to the top and had a quick catch up stop there (instead of further along by the pub) so now were are going to run all the way to the road, cross over it and then continue on through the woods there.

It's was on this bit that PinkladyJo had a little fall, slow motion she said when she was describing it,  I just saw her getting up looking really graceful as she did!  If that had been me it would have been all arse upwards and grunting and panting as I got up!  There was no damage done (see what I mean about us runners, hard we are, hard!) we carried on running to leesons hill.

Along Chislehurst road we ran and I decided to finish of by going back into the woods to finish off.  And why not! I gave instructions to the two front runners to keep the railway on their left as I ran with Ade and PinkLadyJo.

All in all a lovely run, although a stumble and a fall happened in this run everyone had a brilliant time, and I feel they all was really glad to be out running today, from the ones who have been running 3 times a week, to the one that was injured and getting back to it, and to those that have had more than enough space between this run and their last!

Geeky stats.





No comments:

Post a Comment