Tuesday 2 September 2014

Tuesday Club Run

Hello blog lovers.

Today was a good day.  The sun was shining, I was busy doing things for my fabulous running club, (still tons of work to be done though) and I had a great run with group 1 this evening.  There was no takers for the group 0 this today, so of course I had tons of energy (yeah, who am I trying to kid) to get around SingstarJo's planned route.  Her planned route is the (Non Flat) Flat Route as we have affectionately name it!

Me and my buddies took up position at the back of the pack, which seems to have grown over the week! They have all obviously come back from their holidays and were keen to get back into their running.  We also had a couple of new people to our group as well.

We set off in the direction of Cardiac Hill, but we will be running down it, always a relief!  But then of course we do have the undulations from there until we get back.  But today, although I was at the back, and not just because I volunteer to be sweeper, I feel the hills were at little easier this time round for this route.  Now that could be be me wishful thinking that it feels easier, or it could be that I am building my running stamina up again, slowly slowly!

I do so enjoy running along with group 1, belonging to a club certainly keeps you running, even if its for that one club day a week, which some of our PWR's do.  If I just did that, then I deffo wouldn't be able to graduate from group 0!

I don't think we held up the main group for two long, the built in stops gave us time to catch our breath, and I don't think the others minded to much.  A brilliant run today, even though me and a couple of the other ladies went the short cut, being sweepers we like to make sure that those who need to take the short cut, well we like to make sure that they get back safely!  That was our excuse anyway, three sweepers and two who wanted to take the shorter route back to the rec!  Well, one of the ladies is actually two people, she has a little passenger! And the other lady is working her way back from injury!

Anyway, geeky stats

No comments:

Post a Comment