Friday 17 October 2014

A little Extra!

Hello blog lovers.

Just a quickie, and a short one, both run and blog.  The Old Boys car was in for its annual MOT so that means just one thing, what to do with the half hour he says it will take!  Bacon butty at the cafe, watch through the viewing window at the chaps working on the Old Boys car? Tempting! But being one of these crazy people who find running fun it meant going for a short one.

We always use this garage to fix and MOT our cars, and it's right next to a couple of parks.  Normans Park and Whitehall rec.  Usually I have headed out to Normans Park trying to get back to the garage before the guys have finished the MOT, but usually I fail.  Today I thought I would try the other park.  It's a bit nearer, and a lot smaller.  I could do a couple of figure of 8's around there and then get back within the half hour!  Now I have a little race going on.

I handed them my keys and went outside and started my Garmin, waited for the satellites to find me and then off I went.  I was still in two minds which park to run through,  will I have enough time do run Normans or shall I stick to my plan of the smaller park.  I decided to stick to plan, (I really want to win!)

I started running towards the smaller park Whitehall Rec, the sun was shining, it was such a beautiful morning!  I was just so pleased to be out. This is an unplanned run, I was supposed to be having a rest day, or at least riding my bike, (less impact) my legs still feel like lead from yesterdays track session! I think going to the smaller park is the better choice! I made a pact with myself that if I wanted to walk then I would, and if people chatted to me then that's fine too!  It's an extra run today.

There were quite a few people using the park, mums with their children on bikes, loads of dogs with the owners!  I was imagining the conversations that the dogs would be having, it was keeping me amused.

Little white Scottie: "Hey, Rover, I think Daisy's been here, check it out, sniff here".
Rover: "Hey, I think you're right, hang on let me put my mark on this spot too"
Little white Scottie: "Jake, Jake, what's up dude" *sniffs butt* "Smelling good dude"
Jakes owner: "Jake, Jake, here boy, come on, here"
Jake: "Oh darn it, I wanted to see where Daisys been, I gotta go, they who must be obeyed are calling"

I must have looked kind of weird running along past all the dog owners, winking at their dogs and smiling!......in fact it is kind of weird now that its written down! I deffo need help!  But I kept on with my couple of figure 8's and 1 loop before heading back to the garage!  I got there in 30 mins and 13 seconds! And my car was still in side the MOT centre!  I beat them!  I was pleased about that.  But then I waited around for about another 20 mins!  I could have gone around Normans Park after all!  But it was an extra run, so even if it was only for a ten minute run it was still a pleasure!

Geeky stats!







No comments:

Post a Comment