Saturday 4 October 2014

Beginners Training.

Hello blog lovers.

A lovely morning brought all the beginners back to the rec.  At least 40 of them.  And as Sherry said (she is the course leader) "If you complete week 4 then your are 97% likely to finish the course" It's a 'made up' fact by our Sherry based on her observations, but I reckon she is right!

They were all looking smiley faced and raring to go.  Sherry started of as usual with the warm up power walk around and then the drills.  Then it was into the 4 minutes jogging and 2 minutes walking.  I kept at the back, I know the feelings and thoughts more than most people of being at the back, as I seem to be there on most club runs.......races.......events!  In fact the only time that I am at the front is when I run solo!  And then I always choose and 'opponant' to chase after, walkers, joggers, and I have even been known to race a sparrow! (and sometimes lose to said opponants)

Once that first 4 minute jog is out of the way then it's time begin to feel tons better.  Thinking about other things, chatting, singing, those 4 minutes soon go and the two minute walk surprises us as Sherry blows the whistle.  The best thing about being at the back is that there is less pressure on you, particularly when doing laps.  The people at the front have all those people behind them looking at them , watching. When you're at the back there is no one to 'impress' and so you can concentrate on the job in hand!

It's great when you listen to the runners saying "Oh I don't know if I will be be able to do it" and then before they realise it they are just stating on the last rep of 4 min jog, 2 min walk!  The smiles that are on their faces then are even bigger than the smiles they first arrived with!

Nearly two miles covered with the jog/walk, not including the two lap warm up and the lap cool down!  Fantastic effort by everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment