Monday 27 October 2014

Just A Bit Late!

Hello blog lovers.

On Friday I had time for another little jog about with Michelle C.  I was planning on about 7k, but I wasn't going to tell Bims if she turned up, I was just going to do it.  But Bims actually forgot and was still in bed, the other Michelle couldn't make it either, so it was just going to be me and Michelle C.

But when Michelle C told me that she had injured a toe, kicked a bed or wall or door, and her toe was bruised and very sore, I said that we wouldn't do 7k, and just do a nice route through the woods with plenty of ways to cut it short if she was feeling too painful!  Michelle is now your typical runner.  She hurt herself just before coming out, but she had it in her mind to go running, and running she most certainly was going to do!

What could I say to her!? So I chose the route that we did on the Thursday, there are plenty of  paths that can cut the run short and get back to the rec.  There was no talking her out of it, "It hurts, but it will hurt even if I don't run" she said "What more damage can I do to it" was her reasoning!

So we began our run, just the two of us, and it was a rather lovely day as well.  Perfect for running, not to cold, we just went in through dog poo ally and then took the path to the right of the main path in the middle of the woods.  I managed to run up the entire hill on this time round!  It's funny how things work out!  One day a not so good run and then the next day a good run.  I felt a lot better that I did the day before, I guess the geeky stats will tell if it was any quicker.

Bims finally called me when we got to Botany Bay Lane, she said that she had just woken up and realised that she had forgotten she was coming running!  It's her age, you know.  The grey matter is just not 'sticky' any more, nothing gets retained in there too long these days!

Anyway, it was a great run, and we did the whole of the route that we did the day before, no shortcut needed, and both Michelle and I enjoyed it immensely, although I think her toe would be complaining (if it could talk!)

P.s. it's a short blog because my grey matter don't retain much these days either!

Geeky stats!



No comments:

Post a Comment