Monday 20 October 2014

Who Don't Like Mondays?

Hello blog lovers.

The morning started off early with the alarm going at 6:30, I usually can fall asleep again after the Old Boy has gone down stairs for his morning coffee, but this morning I just couldn't.  So I got up had my shower and then it was time for my grandson to turn up, so definitely no time for resting!

I thought this mornings run was going to be a good one with the girls.  The sun was shining and it was a lovely warm morning for October, I was looking forward to this run, I was hoping it would shake out the cobwebs.  When I got to Tracy's Wendi was already there, and she looked like she needed a run for completely different reasons that I did.

We started our 2 minutes of power walking up the hill, Tracy had said that she had been to Pilates and had run twice during the week, which was good, Wendi had a pretty horrible week and no running.  She was her usual chatty self, I just love listening to her, especially during the jogging bits, it just keeps your mind focused to what is needed to done.  She also had her Garmin set at walk/run instead of   run/walk, don't worry if that sounds weired, I am sure Wendi will be smiling when she reads that bit, so no both of us will be totally synced together!

The first of the 6 mins jog started and it started well, but Tracy was struggling a little.  Aching muscles, complaining like they have done 10k already, but she kept going and was pleased when the next 2 mins walk session came along.  Wendi was just in the zone, her much needed run and time out was doing her good.  We kept the patten going all the way to Bickly Manor, but we didn't get to the very first bench mark the we made on that first day.

Sometimes a run just doesn't want to be run.  You really do need to push yourself harder to get going.  Your muscles complain, you feel like those jogging moments will never end, and with someone who cares about you telling you "Come on that's it, keep going"  then all you want to do is tell them to shut the heck up because "I am moving Old Girl"

Today was a tough run for Tracy, but she did it, she didn't stop on those jogging sections, she kept going, with the look of determination that will make the Terminator be proud, either that of she really did want to wallop me!  Wendi had a great run too, she definitely enjoyed her run, even doing some loop backs.  she is looking forward to coming along to group 0, maybe next week, see how she does on the 8 minutes of jogging.

Geeky stats.



That wasn't then end of my jogging today, because of the Old Boys car, just like on Friday I am doing an extra run.  His car failed the MOT so it was back in the garage this morning to have all the repairs done so that it can get the certificate.  Well the work was completed, they called me so I, like the good girl that I am, ran along and picked it up!

It's only just over a mile a way, so I though I would be able to run the whole way.  And just like Tracy this morning, it just wasn't there.  I tried to slow my pace down, think about my breathing, but I struggled to keep going. I got there, of course, but with the run/walk method that I know and love, even for just this tiny little run.  We all have off days, it just so happens ours happened on a Monday!

My next solo run I shall concentrate just that little bit more!

Geeky stats.




No comments:

Post a Comment