Tuesday 11 November 2014

New Recruit!

Hello blog lovers.

Tuesday evening and its bloomin raining!  I do hate that, especially during the darker, colder nights!  I get so chilled between group 0 and group 1.  I think last time I got too chilled I hurt muscles trying to run.  So this evening I thought I would do the sensible thing and only do group 0. 

We had a new recruit join us today.  Stacey needed to get back her fitness after kicking cancer's arse! She had heard good things about PWR and thought that this would be the best club to help her find that running mojo and keep that fighting spirit inside!  Well she is talking about doing longer runs than her usual 5k's that she used to do!

DiscoRich had told her about our next beginners class starting in February but that was too far away for her to wait, so she turned up at group 0 ready to do battle!  There to help her on her way was JJ, who has also put her name down for her longest ever run in May, the Bupa 10k! Also there this evening was Wendi, Ariol, Vanessa and Georgia.  Vanessa and Georgia have just completed the beginners group and will be doing their first Parkrun this Saturday.  It's all great stuff this running malarkey!

I still haven't sorted out another winter route which will be ok for our hero's group so we did the Birchwood route. Get that long hill out of the way and then get our breathing sorted out on the long down hill ready for the undulations of Woodside, Great Thrift and Hazelmere!  

All up the hill we kept together, perfectly paced for everyone to cope with.  A short break just to catch our breath before we were on our way again, across the top, nice and flat, and turning right by the round about. On the downward road we started to stretch out a bit as our group started to enjoy that lovely relaxing slope down!  Stacey and Auriol were doing brilliantly, just keeping to their own pace, running along.  We got to the end of the road by the war memorial hall and took another break. 

When we were ready I said to the ladies "Run at your own pace, all the way to Cross ways, but don't go in" they were all listening, well, apart from Wendi she was chatting!  But I continued, "When you get their, if us at the back are not there with you, then do a loop back to meet us, so that we all enter the rec together, ready for warm down stretches"  I think Wendi heard me then, I think they all did as they gave me a big smile!  I am sure we won't be that far behind them, so it won't be too bad!

It was a great run, the rain came down towards the end of our session, and I just knew that I will chill down quite quickly waiting for group 1.  Still, I have tomorrow morning, with Tracy, before toddlers, and hopefully if the weather is not too bad tomorrow, I may just get out for a bike ride!

Geeky stats for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment