Tuesday 25 November 2014

When You Can Hover Then It Is Time To Run!

Hello blog lovers!

Excuse the title above, it's just a little joke for our Tracy!  Wendi shot of early yesterday morning, and did her own solo run, so me and Bims took Tracy on the Parkrun route, showing her what to expect on Saturday, (which by the way is her birthday)  This will be a little present to herself!

This blog is all about yesterdays run, I am sure you would have realised that, Mondays Madness!  All I can say is that I was glad it wasn't raining...anymore!  The weather was a bit chilly but I knew we would warm up as soon as we started our running.  Bims was waiting for us in the carpark.  She was clock watching! So we were a little bit late, but we turned up as promised!

She got out of the car and I took one look at her, "So, are they new running shoes?" I said as I looked at her inappropriate running shoes! "NO!" says Bims "No, no, they are my badminton shoes"  I looked at the grass that we were going to be running on, then looked at her lovely white, only every worn indoors, badders shoes "Well, they're going to be getting a bit wet" I said with a smile! Of course, we didn't let her run in those, so we piled into her car and all drove back to hers so that she could change!

So, once again, all ready to start our run.  This was all going to be for Tracy, there was going to be no nagging, no "come on, keep the pace up" there was going to be no looking at the watch to see how many minutes were left to run.  This is going to be run at her pace! For as long as she wanted, in preparation of her debut Parkrun.

We were going to be starting at Hook Farm end, but that is the only difference, of course it means we will end up at the other pavilion, but that is the only the two differences.  Well, maybe if she wants to stay on the path, no, no, we stick to the grass, just as it's going to be on Saturday!  The top of the park was a little damp, so maybe it's not going to be too bad.  We were already running along the long straight, so far so good. Just as we got to the park end, I did suggest that we stick to the path, but bims said "No, keep it just as it will be on Saturday"

So we splashed on to the grass!  It was going to be a lovely wet run!  The wettest part so far was the first corner (if we had started at the park end of course). Every year there seems to be a little lake appearing there.  We managed to find the driest part to go through and then we got back on to the tarmac, ready to turn right by the river.  Then puddles became totally unavoidable.  They don't actually look like puddles! With the grass growing them it just looks like a lush field! And just as we stepped on there it seemed that there was just no ground at all, as the water came almost to the top of our shoes. We all splashed our way along the side of the river, still all having a great time.  So what if we get wet and muddy, I had at least remembered to bring some clean dry shoes to drive home in and I told Tracy to bring a pair of extra shoes too!

We stuck to the Parkrun route, we had nearly completed our first 'B' shaped lap.  And now onto the second.  Tracy, so far had run all the way round, non stop!  Me and Bims were keeping her amused, and her mind off the jogging with our jovial chit chat, and singing, I think we had the theme to Rocky in our minds.

The second lap was a little tougher for Tracy but she was determined not to stop, she kept going.  When we got to the top again, by the play park, and started to approach the first corner again, we splashed our way through the mud and the puddles.  This is where we started to 'tease' Tracy a little bit. (it's the reason for the title!) She looked down at her legs and feet and had noticed that her legs were tons muddier than mine or Bims, "It's cos we run faster" teased Bims, "It's because I am the teacher and you are the pupil" I said to her "When you can hover over mud then it is time for you to leave" Don't you just love that programme, it's was back in the 70's I think, Kung Fu!  Loved it!

Anyway, it seemed to have helped Tracy along a little be bit as she tried to catch us, probably to thump us, or kick our butts with her muddy boot!  We passed the river again and was on the last couple of corners.  "How far have we done" Said Tracy.  I didn't want to let her know, I knew roughly where we are going to finish.  And I know that seeing that funnel at the finish is such a boost.  I told Bims that I was going to run along to the end so that Tracy has a visual of the end.

As I ran off, I couldn't resist taking a peek at my watch, I had made sure that I didn't look at it before, so that If Tracy asked I could honestly say "I don't know!)  But when I looked we still had about a quarter of a mile to go.  Piece of cake!  I shall scream and shout and encourage Tracy right from the finish Line!

A great run, a wet and muddy run.  But now Tracy has knows what she is in for!  Great fun, great camaraderie and tremendous encouragement all the way to the end!

Geeky stats,  I wasn't going to put them up as I didn't want Tracy to know how she did, but she asked me, and I automatically looked at my watch and told her!  Duh!!


No comments:

Post a Comment