Tuesday 6 January 2015

Marathon Training Day 2


Hello Blog lovers.

Day 2 Training, of course its Tuesday night and I am back running in my fantastic club.  Group 0 today saw a big number.  There were 8 of us today, all ready to kick the Christmas pudding bellys to the kerb and get back to getting fitter!

But I am still using this as part of my training.  Only going to walk if any of the other runners walk, or if I can see them struggle.  I had planned I nice easy route, just over 2 and quarter miles, just to ease back in to the routine again.

With just the hill at the beginning, which we should all fly up as we should all be totally loaded with energy!  A big smile was on my face as I watched the group run up the hill a head of me!  I have so missed running with PWR's, it was only just over 3 weeks that I ran with any Petts Wood runners.  But since then I met up with some PWR's at Parkrun and then today, first with group 0!  It's great to be back.

It was a nice gentle route, and everyone did brilliantly.  You can tell that we all had a great time over Chirstmas! At least a nice relaxing time, but now it's time to get back to getting fit, and having fun, and meeting up with all our buddies.

I think that is got to be a huge part of my training.  All though I need to put in some hard work, I also need to keep my running fun, and social and friendly.  Now that is one huge benefit of being in one of the best clubs around!

We finished our run and we are all ready for next week!

Geeky stats!


Group 1

Group 1 seems even bigger.  Its great to see, and to meet up again with all my running pals too!  And its good to see new people coming along.  Anyway, back to my journal.  Illustrious Leader had planned a route!  It was a .....nice route.  When she thought of it she had thoughts of another run in mind, one that we are doing on Sunday and that's the Train Run.  

The train run is a cross country, paths and roads from Knockholt station to Petts Wood station.  And it's undulating!  So to practise for that I.L. had this lovely little route with delightful little undulations!  Do I not like hills!  Of course to get to the start of these hills it's all down hill!  The longer we went down hill you just knew the run back is going to be tough!  Still, it's all good training!  So just get on with it Old Girl!

I was sweeping, along with ChattyWendi (she had done group 0 too), enjoying the chat, enjoying being out.  The weather wasn't too bad, at least it's not raining.  I am going to find that tough to do, run group 0 in the cold and rain and then run group 1 after.  But no matter what I am going to do it.  Have to keep the miles up, and work hard, keep the muscles working hard.

And besides, group 1 chats and camaraderie at the best bar none!  I am so going to need these guys to help me stay focused and on track, and by that I mean on track with keeping my running fun!  All the hard work is going to be done on the other days, Sundays, Mondays, and Thursday evening track days!  

So, those hills!  Well, I was quite pleased with some of them, annoyed on some of them, and 'meh' on some of them.  Which too me means 'Could do better Old Girl'  But no beating up!  After all, it is really on day 2, plenty of time, as long as I stick at it, don't do anything silly, and listen to and take advice as well.  

I must just say though, that first stinky little hill, it's quite steep at first, frightens you to look at it, or is that just me?  But I know that it flattens out a tad, in just a short while.  So  "You just gotta do it Old Girl" I thought.  Flipping did it! It was tough

There were a few other hills after that, and us ladies at the back were working hard.  And then, well....it was mentioned that we sounded like....well here, have a guess.  But I totally concur,  those bloomin hills do get me puffing out my backside that's for sure, 







And if you could hear us as we puffed and groaned over each undulation then you would, I think understand!  Mind you, I wonder how many 'non' runners would say "I wanna do that" when then see us run by!

Those last hills though, the ones on Lynwood,  I was glaring daggers at each and every one of them.  Imaging getting a jack hammer to them, and the mumblings started, "I hate hills, I hate hills"  and then ChattyWendi said that I sounded like Dick Dastardly's Mutley he he he he (say that bit in his voice!)

It was a good run though. Can't believe I still had some left for that darn sprint thing that I do!  It's become an obsession now!  Just that bit of the run, along Crossways, I just have to focus on the sign that points to the rec, get there, and stop the watch, get there and stop the watch, come on get there and stop the watch!  And thats what I do!  It's not the way to do things, but it's the way I do things!

So geeky stats

No comments:

Post a Comment