Monday 12 January 2015

The Longest Run.....This Year!

Hello blog lovers!

Well, it's deffo started, the old marathon training! Yup, indeed.  I had planned to run 6-7 miles and I did just that, with my sister Bims.  It had to be done.  It is also her longest run for goodness knows how long as well!

When I told her that I was doing this long run, she went all quite over airwaves (we were communicating by text)  But I eventually got her to confirm time and place to meet up today, (and she was late!)  So once we were totally ready to go we stepped out side and waited for our Garmins to find the satellites.

We started running, Bims had no idea of where I was going to take her, she didn't want to know.  However, after I found out the she was coming with, I did actually change my mind about which route we were going to do today, but it's in the same sort of area. Out of the estate and down towards Crown Lane Spur, we are going to run along the A21 towards Bromley.

I am getting to quite like this route.  There is always someone that you have to run around, smile at, unlike running the opposite way, up to Locksbottom.  It's just a long boring road, as I have told you before.  But this way is good and it's even better when you have company!  We are chatting and huffing and puffing together, sharing our pain and our smiles!  Solo runs are good, it helps you with your focus and discipline, but there is something to be said about running in company, even if it is Bims! (Love you really!)

Of course we did have some walking time, even by the time we got to Homesdale Road.  But I know that is how I am going to make it around the marathon, I may even try and plan in my walking breaks, after all, at the moment I seemed to only walk for about 30 to 40 seconds, if I plan on walking 1 minutes after every 10, I am bound to have the energy to keep on running further, hmmmm, something to think about there me thinks.

Running down towards Tescos I had already planned a little walk, just before we get to the little hill!  Preserve a little so that we run all the way up to the top.  I think even Bims was happy with that idea.  But we did it.  We ran from the bottom to the top, But then the hill going to the top of the next road got me.  I started to beat myself up, "Why, why?" I tried to figure out what was hurting, nothing.  I tried to figure out what was aching, was my lungs giving up, can I breathe, again all was ok!  So I was just be lazy!  Bims was saying that she was glad of the walking stops, but I think she was just being nice!

Running along the top now, towards Blackbrook Lane, and again I stop running. "ARGHHH"  Why I don't know, I slap my thighs in perfect pantomime style! And then Bims calms me down, "Don't beat yourself up, we're out here running, doing it, no need to beat yourself up" And with that moment I had that scene from Liar Liar in my head, you know the one, "I'm kicking my ass!" It did make me feel better actually as I smiled as I thought about that film.






We were going past the road that I had originally planned to go, if I was on a solo run, Summer Hill!  And I am blooming glad I decided to change plans!  There is no way I am ready for that particular nasty little blighter of a hill....yet!  So the revised plan is down Blackbrook Lane, and turn left onto Thornet Wood Road, we have to have a bit of park to run in!  It felt good running through there, and it seemed finally that the wind was in our favour!  Not only was it a little down hill as we neared the railway lines but the wind seemed to push us along as well, perfect!

Not ready to go home just yet, I took Bims through Petts Wood, on the other side of the railway lines, run past the Daylight Inn and then down Tudor way.  I said to her that we were going to run down Shepperton road, and when we ran past the first road that would take us on it she said "But I thought you said....."

"I know I said it, but we are going from the top end first"

"Oh, ok, but we could just...."

"Nope, got a plan and this is it" I told her.  And again, with just that thought that I had a planned and I stuck to it and didn't change my mind, taking a shortcut, or quit (which is what Bims said too) made me feel good too.  So with just a few short roads until we got back, and I was feeling good.....knackered....but good!  Cheers Bims!

Geeky stats.

<iframe width='465' height='548' frameborder='0' src='http://connect.garmin.com:80/activity/embed/672306515'></iframe>


No comments:

Post a Comment