Thursday 19 February 2015

Free Run On School Holidays!

JustGiving - Sponsor me now!
Hello blog lovers.

I was lucky enough to have a free day today, during the school holidays, so of course there is only one thing that can be done....run!  I was expecting a delivery but after checking the tracker thingy I could see I would have at least 2 hours before they would even be on their way! Plenty of time for me to get around a route today with who ever else will be free!

WendiMoo was able to come along so I picked her up as she had missed her bus, and we drove to the rec.  It was a bit chilly, but earlier the sun was shining so hopefully it will come back when we are running.  As it is school holidays there were a few people who couldn't come along but there was also two who could come, Illustrious leader and she is a teacher and another chap who I think is also a teacher, but he was running in DiscoRichs' group today.

I chose to do the cinder path, I don't think the woods are quite ready for our Thursday running sessions yet, maybe I will have a check soon, to just make sure!  So with just me, WendiMoo and Illustrious Leader we set off for our 3.5 miler.

Although I had a great run on Tuesday and a rest day yesterday, today I was feeling a little tired, I am sure it's to do with my age!  I shall have to do some research actually about how women of 'that age' feel when they are out running.  Because some times I feel totally all up for it and then then next time it's a struggle!  What with the wonky thermastat that I now have in my body I am all sixes and sevens!

We had a really pleasant run down the cinder path, I just love running with buddies, because we have some great conversations.  As I.L. said "It is better that chatting over coffee sat on the sofa"  And of course it is.  The fresh air does do you soul some good, and no doubt the exercise is tons better for your body!

I had a lovely run this morning, and I am glad I went out, as this evening the thought of doing track in the rain just didn't feel me with the same enthusiasm and I decided to listen to my inner self, the inner self that tells me to keep my running fun and not a chore, and to not go!  

Geeky stats for this mornings run.

No comments:

Post a Comment