Saturday 7 March 2015

50 is the Number!

Hello blog lovers.

Saturday morning and the sun is shining brightly!  A beautiful day, so much better than last week!  I arrived just as Hels was giving the chat at the beginning of todays session.  It was a fantastic sight!  At least 50 beginners are standing listening to  Hels as she describes todays session.  It is a bit of a step up, I am sure this is the only time that the beginners will be running twice as much as as they did the week before!

So we started the session with the walk twice around the rec and then the drills!  All the skipping and funny walks to get the muscles loosened and ready are a must.  Then we started!  Running for 2 minutes, twice as much as last week, and 4 minutes walking! It's going to be tough, always is when you run twice as much, but I feel sure that they will all do so well.

Just a walk! You can do this!


It feels good for me to be able to encourage people to do something that could possible change their lives!  It has changed mine!  I have become fitter, I am more active, I think about what I eat.....ok my lager intake is still a most enjoyable time at the weekends!  It would be a most fantastic thing to see one of the back markers come up through the ranks and do something that they thought would never have done before, 10k, half marathon.....full marathon!  It's possible, it really is!

Run, just for 2 minutes!! Come on
you CAN do this!


The session seemed to go really quickly, I don't think there was anyone that didn't run all of the running sections, well, there was one lady, but she had a bit of a pain in leg, but she came along today just to get the encouragement from her fellow beginners, she didn't want to miss a week!  So she walked the session, doing a bit of brisk walking when the running was due. 

And then it was the warm down stretches!  It's just amazing how the time just flew!  I can't wait to do it all again next week!

Yes! done it! Bring on next week!

So the number 50, I haven't quite finished with it yet.  One of my running buddies from group 1 has been doing so well with her Parkruns, going most weeks, winter and summer and today she completed her 50th Parkrun!  A fantastic achievement, I still haven't done that yet, (lazyitus, early saturday mornings)  When I am supporting someone I can get up and be at Normans Park, and when we have a beginners course, I am here at 9 in the morning! But when it comes to just me and Parkrun, doing it just for me, then the 'Lazymare' kidnaps me, keeps me snug in my bed with the duvet pulled tightly over me!  How am I supposed fight that!

Anyway, just for a complete giggle let me tell you this, we are all talking about Janets 50th, Wendimoo was going to bake a cake with 50 on it, J.J. was talking about getting her to run with a 50th balloon! Michelle also wants to congratulate Janet and goes out to by Janet a 'Happy 50th birthday' card for her, she was thinking it was her birthday!  It made Janet laugh and the rest of us.  I met them all at Saints and Sinners to share in the congratulations!



Janet and her 50th Bithday Card!
Congratulations Janet, You have done so well!





No comments:

Post a Comment