Saturday 14 March 2015

Beginners!

Hello blog lovers.

So, here we are week 3 and already our group will be running for as much as they will be walking!  Three minutes worth of running followed by three minutes of walking!  When you have not done any running before, this amount of time is quite something!  If you don't believe me, you non running peoples should try it!

The main thing that people have a problem with is their breathing.  You naturally start panting, and that is just not good.  Your body doesn't get the oxygen that it requires to keep your muscles energised, the energy levels drop down into your boots, your lungs feel like they are screaming at you to give them air, and your heart is pounding out of your chest!

It all sounds pretty scary, right? But if you train as planned, just nice and easy, stick to the schedule and do your homework during the week, then it does get easier.  The best bit, well that has to be when you have completed the task set.  You done it, finished, crossed the finish line, ended! The smile starts to spread across your face before you reach your goal!  Now that's not scary, is it.

My own thoughts about my running is....Its all well and good thinking I can do it, thinking is not doing. And its all well and good knowing that I can do it, everyone knows I can do it!  But that doesn't get it done. It's the sheer will power, the "I will do this, I will finish" that gets the job done.  Just a few minutes or hours of discomfort, for a lifelong "I done it"

Yeah, that about sums it up!  I am looking forward to my long run on Monday, I will do it, I am determined to finish the 12 miles I planned, just as the beginners had run each of the five reps of 3 mins running!  After all, its only for a short while, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment