Tuesday 3 March 2015

Club Night - Move Up Week!

Hello blog lovers.

Group Zero to Hero

Now this group is the very slowest, shortest distant group.  Usually, because of the very nature of Group Zero to Hero, we don't have anyone 'move up' to here.....usually!  Our beginners course only started just this Saturday gone, and people get talking, they hear about this new group, and lo and behold this evening 3 newbies came along from the beginners course to try out this group 0.

I chose a route that can have a couple of short cuts to get back to the rec if need be, but it does include Birchwood Road....up hill!  After some warm up drills, we headed out of the rec to start on the hill.  There were a good number of us, 7 including me, just taking the hill at a nice steady pace.  The regulars were up at the front and the beginners, who until now have only been running for 1 minute with 5 minutes walking, followed behind.  They all kept running to the top of the hill with out stopping!  I think they were well impressed with them selves, I know the regulars of the group were happy for them!

We ran along the top until we got to the roundabout and then we turned right to run down.  I think the newbies were pleased for the down hill.  I was totally impressed with them, because no one stopped running, only on the breaks that I had planned so that everyone could catch up (if needed) or stretch out or just to catch breath!

We ran all the way day to Crossways, and two of the newbies left us then, and walked back to their car.  They had done 1.3 miles, with just 1 stop which was at the top of Birchwood!  I think they were very pleased with their effort, but they didn't feel they could make the next 1 mile!  But the other newbie decided that she wanted to continue and finish the planned route.

We continued on our way, I told her we were going up to the memorial hall!  "Up?" she said, but I had a good vibe that she would do this.  I said that we wold take a break at the top, just to stretch out a bit and get ready to do the last bit back to the rec.  

Vanessa, Georgia and Keely ran ahead and I ran along with Kelly chatting all the way. Sometimes when you're chatting while you run, you just don't notice the how far you've done.  You don't notice the miles or metres in you like new money, you're covering.  We got to Townsend road and thats when Kelly started to notice what she has done.  It started 'telling' in her ankles and lungs.  Nothing painful, just a complaining from the the body as it realises that this running malarkey could get serious!

Our bodies don't like change!  Our bodies would quite happily just lounge around and do nothing, so when it realises that actually you are still running evening though the ankles are telling you to stop, it recruits in other parts of your body to try and thwart your get fit scheme.  Lungs started to hurt, knees and legs!  I remember in my case my shoulders hurt! Shoulders! And just the one!  Most strange!

We we turned into Crossways Kelly the newbie was just absolutely thrilled that she had completed the route!  She was smiling and chatting, saying she couldn't believe it!  It was a very good run!  I love watching people just do the best they can!  

Geeky stats.

Group 1

As its move up week, Illustrious Leader chose a nice gentle flatish route, and we will be running at the slower end of our predicted pace.  But it seems none of the Hero's wants to move up just yet, and we didn't have anyone join in today.  But I think I.L. will still do the slow pace!

Our route was the one that goes through Palace estates, with the extra loop of the green for those that want to do it.  I knew I wouldn't be doing that,  I was at the back anyway, as I am just not built for speed, I just gently plod along.  My speedy bits is on the track (when I eventually get there!) but out on the roads I just don't push myself to go faster! I just plod along.

I was a bit cold when we started off, so I decided to keep my fleece on,  I will just have to tie it around my waist when I get too hot.  I knew I would, but this little gap between group hero and group 1 just really cools me down way to much.  I can't wait for the spring and the summer.  I like those sessions, although it is such a lovely time of year to run, although I can be very hot.  But the woods always comes tops in my books!  Can't beat running in the woods.

We soon got to the middle of the run, the green where you can run around the green of chose to go straight up and then turn right.  There was quite a lot of us, about 10-14 of us, a nice number in a group.  just a few chose to do the 'round the green' section of the run.  Then we got back on to the main road and had a catch up time. 

We were all fairly tight together, even me!  I wasn't that far behind everybody.  With the straight road left to do before we tuned to cross over the rail lines we were given instructions to run as fast or slow as we liked until the off licence (I think I.L. must like this Off licence!) 

Running Beamont road and you just knew that it is nearly finished.  I was quite happy with the running I had done so far.  I wasn't as far back as I was Sunday! (mind you there were not monster hills.....hardly any really!)  Along Tudor way and I got chatting to Paula.  I.L. had come to the back to take up sweeper duties, although I was tired I just kept plodding along at a fairly comfortable social pace chatting away!  Loved it!

Here is the geeky stats



No comments:

Post a Comment