Tuesday 31 March 2015

Club Runs!

Hello blog lovers.

The wind that was about on Sunday is still here now!  It hasn't blown itself out!  I can't believe how windy it has been.  I suppose the one good thing about todays group 0 is that we can see any probable missiles whipped up by the wind and make some hasty ducking and diving manoeuvres.

Group 0

It was a small group this evening, with DottieKat, Auriol, Leslie and Helen.  Helen is already a PWR but is coming back from injury, testing the waters, so to speak.  I chose the shorter route this evening, mainly because of my running the half marathon on Sunday.  It's still a challenging route, running up hill almost as soon as we start out, and then there is the undulations of Woodland Way, Great Thrift and Hazlemere!

We started off all together, and kept in a nice tight pack even up the hill.  It did break just a little bit, as I waited at the top for just about 30 seconds for the back runners.  I kept them moving though, just walking to the big tree along the road.  We ran along to the round about and then down the road to the other end of Crossways.  DottieKat was all set to call it an evening.  But after assuring her there were a few other short cuts if she carried on the planned course she continued with us.  At her speed, running when she wanted, walking when she needed.

She had heard someone say that "You should run until you can't run and not when you want to walk"  I think that is kind of what she said, I can get what she means  When I was running on Sunday there were some moments there that I felt I wanted to stop running but I didn't, I just made myself go a little further before taking a walking break!  

Anyway, DottieKat completed the whole of the planned route, and I think she was very pleased with herself that she did it.  A nice stretch out afterwards and that was that!  A great run, everyone completed it and I think everyone enjoyed it.  Next week it is moveup Tuesday!  Well, I know Helen was just testing the waters and I think she will be in group 1 next week.  

Geeky Stats

Group 1

It was so good to have SingstarJo back in our fold, not only that but she is leading group 1!  She chose a very nice easy route, with an option for a short cut for those not wanting to do an extra half mile!  

I was actually hiding down the side of the building as the wind seemed to have really picked up again.  It was so blowy.  Luckily there were not bits of debris flying around, although Leslie had picked up someones paper bin along Great Thrift during Goup 0's run.  

It seemed ages since I seen all the girls and then I realised it was because I wasn't there last week, I was at St. Christophers Hospice with the rest of the marathon team.  Singstar gave us the low down on the route and then we set off.  Me and Janet were at the back sweeping of course.  Well, there is not point in over doing the training is there!

To be honest I was seriously thinking about going home, what with the awful wind, but I was glad I stayed, if only to support SingstarJo's return!  She also did Group 0 last week, so there were quite a few group 1's in last weeks run.  

When we started running I was feeling ok actually.  I was just being a woose about the wind.  I think I just about had enough of that on Sunday.  Us at the back were not too far at the back, we kept up with maybe just about 20 seconds behind them, maybe a tad more.  Our first catchup stop was at the off licence.  It' always seems a long way when we come down Cardiac Hill, but I kept up, my breathing was pretty ok actually!  I must be getting fitter!

Slow and steady seems to be the way to go!  We headed down Shepperton road and then Crescent drive.  This is a slightly undulating route, with little inclines that don't look line inclines but you know they are! But it came as a shock when I realised how far along Crescent Drive I was!  When I saw Chesham Avenue and I was still feeling ok I was quite pleased with myself.  It's all about the breathing!

With just the little run up to the bridge to cross the railways and the last little bit to crossways.  The group split into two, the main body going up Woodside, Great Thrift and Hazelmere and  the smaller group going up Petts Wood road.  I went with the small group, after all, there is not need to over do things is there!

A great run, enjoyed by all, and great to have SingstarJo back!

Geeky stats. 




No comments:

Post a Comment