Tuesday 21 April 2015

An Easy Group 0

Hello blog lovers.

Well this is the last week before the 'The Big One'  at the weekend.  I am going to take it nice and easy, Yesterday was nice and easy, and today it's been nice and easy!  I decided that I would 'wait and see' about running in group 1, wait to find out where they were going, and to see if I would fancy it!

Anyway Group Zero to Hero, that's the full title of this group, well we were heading into the woods.  I had planned for Botany Bay lane route, the left hand side of the woods.  It is a lovely run, and it was very appealing to two members in particular, Auriol and our Tracy!  Auriol wanted to do group 0 today as she was suffering a bit of an injury.  She had an accident at home, but she felt she could go for a nice short slow one, and Tracy has been doing her own runs (two she told me!) but really like the look of this route.

I decided that as Auriol wanted to come I would change the route, and go on a slightly less challenging route, and slightly shorter. Well, it was way to soon for Auriol to go running, after we just jogged along to 'Dog Poo Ally' she decided that she really shouldn't be running! So she went back to her car to go home.  The rest of us carried on through the ally.

I decided that I would revert back to plan A and go up Botany Bay lane.  It will do us all good.  A nice challenging hill for the Hero's and also a nice gentle challenge for me just in case I don't do group 1 later.

The ground has really dried up well now, but of course it has left the 'cobble stone' effect on the floor of the woods.  With just 5 days to go I am becoming extremely watchful of exactly where I am running or walking, and even about shoes I am putting on!  I don't want any slip ups, but I still don't want to put my running shoes away for the big day just yet.

We were soon running down hill towards Botany Bay Lane.  Always a great pleasure running down hill, but of course once at the bottom, next to the river, we have to go up!  Three of the group just ran up the hill, Tracy was struggling a bit, "It looked like a lovely route on the map" she said.  And of course it does.  On the map you can see the woods, the trees, the paths, the little pond!  I think Tracy neglected to look at the routes profile!  Those little undulations, as most of us in PWR like to call them these days!

To give Tracy a bit of time to catch up and to catch breath, I sent the three other ladies up to the top of the road, while we waited at the right hand turn, to go along the top of the woods, (with another couple of minor undulations) until we got to the middle path. Then we ran all the way down to 'Dog Poo Ally'  And speaking of dog, we had a canine friend come along with us as well.  Being as we are only a very small group at 7, and of course going through the woods is just beautiful, Henry came along with us. I am not to up on dog breeds, but he looked like a collie, and the way he sat and waited until we ran past him I felt like we were all being 'herded' like sheep!  A very well behave little fella he was too!

It was a great run, and I am glad that I chose the more challenging route for the Hero's today as I really didn't want to do group 1's route.  It would be going through the park and then up Southborough Lane, but through the 'pretty way' as Illustrious said.  That only means one thing, we would be going so close to my house I would be totally gutted!  So decided to just leave my exercise with just the one run today.

And tomorrow I will be heading up to London, first thing, get in the queue to be one of the first in the Excel!  I will be registered my place, picking up my number and getting totally excited!! I may even buy a new Shock Absorber!! Hows that then!

Geeky stats.




No comments:

Post a Comment