Tuesday 14 April 2015

Club Runs

Hello blog lovers.

You gotta love these light evenings, "Why?" I hear you ask, It's because of the woods!  Introducing the group 0's to our very own woods is just brilliant!  Although technically they all know the woods as of course they use them at the own leisure!  But that is where I took them this evening!

We had a good group with us, plus Moy was with me too! The route I took them was in through 'Dog Poo Ally' and then turned right to run along beside the railway lines.  Once at the top we turned left.  With seven of us in the group today it was one of our largest for some time.  I feel quite proud of our group 0's.  And I like it that sometimes the group 1's come along just for the chat, or just because!  It's great!

I led from behind so as to not lose anyone in the woods, as I said to the ladies, "It wont look good on my resume!.....ok my blog!  They all kept perfect pace with each other, with the little breaks that we had to catch breath and catch up it all went pretty well.  We got to the path that would lead us down the middle of the woods to 'Dog Poo Ally' but I knew they could all do just a little bit further.

I decided to take them a little further across the top of the woods to Botany Bay Lane and then we can run down towards the railway again.  We had plenty of time as I don't do the warm up in the rec, our warm up is the little jog we do before we enter the woods, that way we can have a longer route and it's all great practice for when they want to move up to group 1.

I was smiling as I was running down the hill, feeling really happy, thinking of things, breathing in the clean air.  Last week it was a different run, but today, it felt good to be out here, enjoying the freedom!

We ran just about 3 miles, which is only half a mile short of what group one do when we run a shorter routes!  So really, in the next few weeks they will be 'fledging' into group 1.

Here's our geeky stats.



Group 1

SingstarJo was leading today.  She and some of our other PWR's were total stars at the weekend, supporting all our Brighton Marathon PWR's on Sunday!  Especially our WendiMoo!  The Video of SingstarJo greeting Wendimoo on route was just totally amazing!!

Her route today was one of her less hilly routes!  I think she can safely say that this is a flatish route......well apart from the undulations of Great Thrift and Woodside, oh and of course St Johns road.....apart from those tiny little hills, then its flat!

I offered to sweep again, after all Group 0 had just done 3 miles!! So proud of them all!  Janet was also sweeping as well.  In fact there were about 5 of us in the back just chatting as we ran along, eagerly waiting for each rest stop!  I think psychologically the usual places that we have stopped at really play on my mind, because each time I was thinking "Ok there will be a rest just after we run over the bridge" But when we got there I could see the pack heading down Southborough Lane!  It was only another few meters or so, just on the green triangle, but I was still thinking "oh no"  I just goes to show that it is good to mix up the routes just so that you don't know when your 'stops' will be.

After the stop at the green we headed down Chesham Road, all the way along until Shepperton.  Again sometimes on our group runs we have had our 're-grouping' at the top of Shepperton, but our SingstarJo carried on until the off license, which is also another fav place for regrouping when we come from other directions.  Running is not just about what your body can do sometimes its what your mind tells your body to do!  It's a mental thing as well!

But today I was feeling pretty good anyway, although I was slow, I can use some running jargon here, I am tapering!  That's my excuse anyway!  On the way running along St. Johns we did have one person just walking back with a limp, I walked back with her to the road where she parked her car, just opposite the rec.

I really enjoyed this run this evening.  I love being out here running with my buddies!

Geeky stats.

No comments:

Post a Comment