Thursday 30 April 2015

Post Marathon Runs!

Hello blog lovers.

Thursday Morning Group 1

Well it seems I recovered a lot quicker this time round than the last time! Which surprised me!  I think I should work harder on the next one!  So today is one of my fav days, its a run day! So I am going through the woods.  I am not sure how many will turn up today, but it won't stop me running through the woods if it is just me.

DiscoRich was there with his group 2 lot, which seems to have grown bigger.  A couple of the group 1's have stepped up!  And there were two in my group, Sarah, landlady of One Inn The Wood, which seems to have become a mecca for all PWR's since it opened!  And DottieKat.  Both of these ladies are from this springs beginners group, so it's just marvellous that they too have stepped up, even before the graduation ParkRun event!

I thought just a nice easy loop of woods, just to test out how the knees and back gets on with it. Do you know what, it felt brilliant!  There was no problems, maybe just a little reminder of what I had achieved at the weekend, but nothing more.  The other two were doing brilliantly!  Considering just 8 weeks ago they started off with only just running for 1 minute and walking 5!

Running through the woods has to be the most uplifting way to run!  It's all well and good running on roads in the winter, but get back into the woods as soon as possible!  That's what I think!  I took them through Dog Poo ally, and boy was it living up to it's name today, pheww weee! I took them to the left and ran along there.  We had some rain yesterday, and probably more during the night, the ground was soft and springing, with some sticky bits coming back.  But still very much runnable.  The 'cobblestone' effect of the floor was a little harder to see but at least I managed to get through it with out twisting anything, as well as the other two.

We headed for Botany Bay Lane and ran all the way down to the river.  "We're going all the way to the very top" I said to them, "We are going to touch on Scadbury Park today".  DottieKat had made a challenge for herself.  She wanted to run all the way up from the little river to the National Trust House, by the gate!  We all did that particular challenge!  All the way, non stop.  It' is quite a steep, cheeky little hill, but we did it!

With just a walking section to recover we finished the second half of the Botany Bay Lane.  Just a little walk to recover and the we continued.  As we were running along this road DiscoRich and his crew crept up behind us!  They over took us as we started to approach the common.  They went to the left while we went to the right! "Is this where the Tigers Head is" asked DottieKat and Sarah said "A girl after my own heart, getting directions from the local pubs!"  Come on now, who don't give directions like that?!

We ran along the road, crossed over and then ran along the edge of Scadbury!  See, it's not just the faster groups that can get this far in the hour!  We crossed over Leesons Hill and the ran along for a bit further until I saw an opening through the woods on the other side of the road.  "Come along, I don't think I have been on this bit before" I said.  And so we ran back along to the top of the woods.

You can't get lost in these woods, you will always find a road or the railway if you just keep going in a straight direction.  This path that we were on I realised we had been on it, but we get to it from a different route.  I knew it would take us to the top of the woods.  I want to go down the middle path, but first we went past the Willet Memorial, the sundial.  This is where our 10k goes past.  I had such a great time running that race way back in 2010!  The beginning of my time with the Petts Wood Runners.

All too soon the run was coming to the end as we ran down the middle path back to Dog Poo Ally.  I think during the warmer days it is the dog waste bit that really chucks up!

A great run today, and I feel glad that I don't seem to have any injuries or niggles that would stop me from running.  So, tonights track session is on!

Geeky stats


Thursday Evening

Ok, so maybe at tad ambitious to do two lots, but if you don't try, you don't know!  The beauty about the track (I can't believe I am saying that) is that its contained!  I can do as much as or as little, as hard or as easy going as I want!  With the expert guidance of our coaches Hels and PhysioMike!  

Why I can't believe I say 'the beauty of track' is that normally I don't like doing laps!  But somehow I have come to appreciated track sessions.  I have noticed that my speed does seem to increase when I am on track.  I just have to transfer that speed now into my Parkruns, because that is what track sessions are all about now.  Getting better times in our 5k's and 10k's. Building up the speed and stamina!

But todays session, for me, was just seeing how my body 'faired' over the weekend.  What with the nice easy run this morning, could I really do a slightly harder run in the evening!  Although I wasn't planning on going full out of course. I'm crazy but not that crazy!  Nice and easy, as always!

It was nice seeing everyone at the track, some of them couldn't believe I was out running already, but, really I felt brilliant.  After doing the warm up drills with Hels and some little sprinty things with PhysioMike we started the session.

The session was 4 800m with 3 minutes rest between each and then 8 200m with a minute rest between.  Of course I didn't do that, I probably did 3 800's and about 2 200's.  Like I said, just nice and easy!  I need to keep it fun and a pleasure to do! I could have rested up for the whole week, but I didn't see why I needed to if I felt fine! 

It was a great session though.  The other runners were just bombing it round the track!  I can't believe they completed it while I could only manage to plod out what I did!  Still, I reckon they must have all been running for years and years!..........And there is no need to correct me on......just let me carry on thinking that!


Geeky stats. I didn't get the first 100 meters recorded but I did start the timer!

No comments:

Post a Comment