Monday 20 April 2015

Solo Easy Run!

Hello biog lovers.

Well, this is the last week, no hard work left to do before the big day, what I have done is just going to have to be sufficient!  I am going to just enjoy the day! And my running this week is just going to be fun filled!

I had plans yesterday to meet up with Bims and Wendimoo but I decided to spend the day with the Old Boy who had a this Sunday off from work, so a very enjoyable day at Brands Hatch was planned.  Unfortunately the girls had plans of their own today, so I was running solo.  Mind you, why Bims would want to go into a gym, pedal like the clappers getting nowhere on a day like this is beyond me!  She should blow the cobwebs off her bike and get out there!  After all that is why we exercise all through the winter to be able to enjoy the sunny days like this!

I had an errand to do so I was going to kill two birds with one stone today.  Run through my local park, up to the chemist and pop in a 'script and then run on to Normans park.  That was my plan.  I wasn't going to do two loops of the Normans, or anything like interval running, this is just a nice leisurely, keeping the legs moving run.  Just what is needed for the week before, that and pasta!  It's a good job I love pasta!

Well, not a lot to say really, dropped off the 'script and headed to the park.  Ooo there is one thing, now you know that I am not that much of a competitor, well, not much anyway, but I saw these two runners ahead of me, on the long straight (Parkrun route) of the park.  I had them in my sights and when I first saw them I thought, "well I am not going to catch up to them, not with pace I am doing" So I just plodded on behind, keeping an eye on them.  I realised that I was actually gaining on them.

Of course I just kept plodding along, just gaining a little each time.  They got to the other car park, Hayes end, and the started to go up the next long straight.  Another runner was just coming from the car park and over took them.  But I kept gaining, little by little.  I managed to over take them.  I smiled, even when I shouldn't be 'racing' I was doing it.  But then I got the bit between the teeth as I set my eyes on the next runner, the runner who had passed my last conquest.  I noticed that I was gaining on her too!  She was running a bit faster that the last two runners so I did pick up my pace a bit!

I managed to catch her right at the bottom end, before we got to the car park (Hook Farm end) and I smiled as I passed.  I had to keep going until I was sure that my last 'race' couldn't see me, as she went around the park again, and I headed of towards the A21 and then back to the Chemist.

I had a little walk along the A21 and crossed over and started running again, nice and easy all the way to pick up my filled prescription.  After that I just had a nice easy run back through the park, thoroughly enjoying just being out running.

Geeky stats.

No comments:

Post a Comment