Tuesday 5 May 2015

Club run - Group 0

Hello blog lovers

Only group 0 today. I think I may have to explain, let me explain.....oh why won't you let me explain!!? So 28 years ago and 1 day ago, my Middle Daughter was born! Of course we celebrated, with lunch, which turned into a little bit longer!

So this morning I was a little rough, and probably just as well I only went on a short ride as well!  But you would have thought by this evening I would be feeling a little better, but I wasn't.  So can only assume that I am actually not feeling very well! 

I decided to do just group 0.  Our beginners had graduated, and I wasn't sure if there would be any of them coming along, and also to see if any of the other regulars were going to be here.  As it's move up Tuesday they may all will try and go with group 1.

I had bought along with me, Amy, big sons girlfriend.  She had just got back from the gym.  I just mentioned that I was going out for a run and would she like to come along for just a couple of miles.  She jumped at the chance.  I didn't tell her that we would be going through the woods, she had bought her trainers only today!  It will be a proper christening of the shoes, not just some sort of sprinkling in the gym!

We drove to the rec, to see who else would turn up.  Auriol was the only other one.  I had planned to do just a short route today, my legs were complaining a bit, and of courseread my explanation up above, I wasn't going to go too crazy anyway.  In through Dog Poo Ally, turn right and up to the top.  Amy kept up well.  She is built like a racing snake, I really thought that she was totally going fly through this route.

You get these images in your mind, obviously all through media, which is totally wrong.  Just because you are slightly pudgy (like me) doesn't mean that I am totally unfit. And just because someone is built like a racing snake (like Amy) doesn't mean that she could run a 3.45 min mile!  Fitness is totally different to body size.  Amy was looking forward to a break at the top of the hill.  with just half a mile done.  

I knew with practise and training she will fly up there, what with the gym that she belongs to, she keeps it up and she could quite easily be breaking records!   We ran along the side of the woods, parallel to Chislehurst road and then took the path that takes us to the middle of the woods.  I wasn't going to go down this one, I wanted to go down the next one.  Usually I get a bit lost around there.  I can run the route in the opposite direction but going in an anti-clockwise direction and I get a little confused.

I managed to run along the path with the wooden bridge, but then I wasn't quite sure which path to take.  It doesn't matter, you can't really get lost in these woods. You may end up doubling back on yourself though!  But we did, but then we weren't on the path that I wanted.  It was a lot more interesting actually, with having to cross a particularly boggy bit of ground which had logs laid down on it to be able to get over it!

It was interesting, I was having a blast, I love checking out new routes, but usually it's in the daytime and not during the evening!  I don't think the other two ladies were worried!  We soon popped out on to the bottom of the middle path, just by Dog Poo ally.

A very nice easy run!  I am hoping by next week I will be totally recovered, totally detoxed and totally focused on getting fitter and fitter!

Here is the geeky stats.

No comments:

Post a Comment