Saturday 30 May 2015

I'm Not Feeling It!

Hello blog lovers!

"I'm not feeling it" said my lad to me, this afternoon! "I'm not feeling it" he said, while the Old Boy was out in the garden busy taking out old rotten fence posts, old stuck fast fence posts, so that he could replace them with the new fence posts and fences.  "I'm not feeling it" was his reply to me when I asked him to go help his dad!

I don't suppose the Old Boy was 'Feeling it' when he was doing the fences on his day off, I don't suppose there were a lot of people who were 'Feeling it' when they had to get up and do chores, go for a run, ride a bike, work.  But they did it! I wasn't 'feeling it' this morning when I woke up for ParkRun this morning, I was all too tempted to get back into bed and get cosy! But I didn't Not Feeling IT!! You can imagine what I said to him after he said that!  Needless to say, the men of the household had a great day bonding over fences!

Anyway, like I said, I wasn't feeling it, I was suffering tummy ache, it could be the curry I had, but I wasn't so sure!  But I wanted to get out, I want to try and stick to my routine of getting up and going for a run on Saturday mornings.  Now that the beginners group has finished that does mean getting to ParkRun.  Maybe I can start chasing after my 50th tee-shirt!  It's only about 22 away!

I got there with plenty of time and started walking over to the start.  I saw Hels on the way over and we started running along together, but that didn't last long as she seemed to sprint off towards the start.  I went back to a walking, looking into the crowd to see if I can seen any more running buddies.

I did see more, Normans park is our home territory, so there were quite a few!  I also saw Brian Page, editor/Founder member of So Lets Go running, he is on a mission.  He wants to get a PB, sub 30 minutes!  With just one other SLGR member at Normans Park he was under no pressure for anyone watching him!

SingstarJo was Race Director today and she gave out all the safety notices and rules, and thanks for the marshals, and then we were off!  I kept at the back, seeing as I wasn't 'feeling it' I was under no illusions about getting a PB today.  I just wanted to get round today, just to keep my legs running, just keep my routine of running on a Saturday.

I did find it a bit of a struggle today, and I could definitely tell that I was not on form at all, not that I usually am on a Saturday morning!  I kept plodding away though, running as much of the 5k course as I could, with the occasional walking section, and there will be some walking sections!

I was on the last long straight and I was catching up a couple of ladies.  One was encouraging the other one to keep going.  You know, it makes you feel so good watching people achieve something, whether it's finishing a 5k course, running it the whole way, or even just walking 5k, if they have never done that before!  I chipped in with a "go on, you can do it, we're nearly there!"  I ran just a little way with them and then I over took them.

Then I just had just a short way to go, from the starting point to the end! Not much left to do.  I ran along on the grass until I got to the tarmac path and then started running along there. There were so many people who had finished now and was walking towards me, I made sure I was way over on the left hand side of the path as that is where the funnel is!  There was no sprint finish from me today, but I did keep the pace going.  It wasn't going to be a fast time!

No, I wasn't feeling it today, I had a tummy ache, and I don't believe it was from my curry, I think I am just a bit under the weather, but it's amazing what we can do even though we are not feeling it! But we can do it, and we do do it, and sometimes we just have to do it!  By the way, my son and hubby worked hard all day on the fences and it looks amazing!  I feel sure it's a lot better than just playing on the computer all day long!

There done it! according to my geeky stats I was deffo slower than last week, check out below!  But my official time was showing a little slower!  It's just as well as this was just a 'get out and run' Parkrun today!





No comments:

Post a Comment