Sunday 10 May 2015

Sunday Solo Run

Hello blog lovers.

Well what a gorgeous day it is!  So much better than yesterday!  I was dying to get out and see how I would do on a bit of a longer run, done under my own steam!  I wasn't too confident!  I have got a bit relaxed since the marathon.  I love that I can chuck that in my blogs!

After church I got changed in my VLM Finishers tee-shirt and jog pants and set of.  I had no route in mind, I had a distance, between 4 and 5 miles, but where I would run I didn't know.  I set off up Farringdon and ran past my church, get the first hill out of the way!

My legs still feel somewhat heavy!  Although I have done a couple of runs since the marathon, I thought by name the tired feeling would be gone by now.  But I pushed through up the hill, my music helping me to stay focused.  I wasn't going to go through the woods as I want to do more running than I would walking.  Picking over the muddy puddles and tree roots does slow me down a bit.  Ok, I know I'm slow anyway, but you know what I mean!

I had come down heavy on my foot, (stepping off a chair!) on Thursday afternoon, and it was complaining somewhat for a couple of days, I was a bit worried that it wasn't going to heal, but come yesterday I had forgotten I had done that.  The only thing that was hurting with regards to my feet was my right foot, but the top of my foot!  I found that most strange.  It felt as if it was bruised, as though someone had stepped on it.  I then remembered about the whole stepping off the chair but it wasn't that as it was my other foot that hurt then!

Of course being an avid runner now, an athlete, as it says on my UKA cards, I ignored it, I also ignored the niggling that was coming in my left knee and the slight moanings of acheness in my right shin!  "Ok, Old girl" I said to my self, "You can't expect to run 26.2 miles, at your age, and not get a couple of complaints"  Because that is all it was.  It's just my body saying "Please don't take me out for more that a mile run"

It was quite refreshing not knowing where I was going to go, I just turned corners, ran up roads, (walked some!) and just sang along with my tunes.  I kept an eye on my Garmin to make sure that didn't over do the distance (as if that would happen at this particularly point) but I also wanted to run more than a group 1 distance!  If I'm to get back to normal then I need to be able to run group 0 and then group 1 after!

I went through Petts Wood and then up to the 'Off License' and turned left.  This only means that I am going to do Cardiac Hill!  It's no good just going through the other side of Petts Wood as that wouldn't give me the miles I need.  I smiled. I could do this!  When I last did this on a Sunday I was training (of sorts) and yet here I am just plodding along for fun, which is exactly how it should be.  Running for running sake!  Just because I can!

It really was just a nice run, not particularly fast, I think I am going to have to build that back up again!  Track sessions, and when the core and speed sessions start up again will be a must!  Those times will be to push myself as hard as I can! No excuses, dig deep, push, push and push!  All other days are most certainly just fun!

So my geeky stats,




No comments:

Post a Comment