Thursday 4 June 2015

Back To The Play Ground!

Hello blog lovers.

Can you believe that I am writing another blog....for today!  I still have to write one more, it was for yesterday, my cycle ride with the Old Boy!  But we got back late and things today was inundated with running, housework kids more running!

Today it was Sherrys session, and she had some games planned for us!  Playground games.  But as usual we had the two lap jog of the ground first!  I only did one lap, as I am taking it easy before the Harvel 5 on Saturday!

Then it was a a case of 'kicking butt' as we all kicked butt to the cricket crease and jogged back.  With a few other drills thrown in we were totally warmed up for our playground session!  The first game was Fruit Salad.  I was thinking "that sounds delicious"  But of course this is a training session, so there was no eating involved just running around.  We were each given a fruit, orange apple or pear.  When Sherry called out the fruit we had to run around the whole circle and get back to our spot, sometimes she called two out at the same time, just after I got back to my spot actually!

When she called fruit salad we all took off at the same time!  A great game and it got our heart rates up.

After that it was a brilliant game of British Bull Dog!  I used to love that game when I was growing up.  I felt good to be playing it again!  You can imagine the chaps in the group were last to get caught!  It took all of us to pick them off!

Of course then it was time to train those core muscles.  With planks, sit ups and side bendy things. Along with some lunges and stuff!  With one more game of British Bull dog to finish off the session of speed running and then into the cool down stretches!

A good session, a fun session, and I did take it easy!  The Old Boy came to the park just as we had finished the last game of Bull Dog, we were just going to ride to the pub for a well earned pint.  But the pub he chose was in Chislehurst, The tigers Head, and then after that he said we were going to go home via Summer Hill!  Oh well, I guess it will work off the pint!


No comments:

Post a Comment